Font for better readability

Google made available for Google Docs the font family Lexend, 7 fonts of scalable width designed for improve readability of written documents. Even for people affected by dyslexia.
(font is published on OFL licence)
It’s not the only one…
From 8 years is also published OpenDyslexic, which is now unclear to me the licence published.
https://opendyslexic.org/faq

OpenDyslexic is an open sourced font created to increase readability for readers with dyslexia. The typeface includes regular, bold, italic, and bold-italic styles, and 2 typefaces: OpenDyslexic, and OpenDyslexic-Alta. It was created to help with my reading, and is being updated continually and improved based on input from other dyslexic users. There are no restrictions on using OpenDyslexic.

I am seriously considering to use one of these font for create documentation.
My goal is to create easier to read papers/manuals/documentations, i am not aware if i am working or knowing people with dyslexia or a minor read issue; but if the document is easily readable, maybe it will reduce read effort also for people without reading disorders or that don’t know the specific language used.

2 Likes

I have no idea what Lexend looks like, as its page doesn’t show any examples. But OpenDyslexic is simply an awful-looking font and significantly impedes readability for non-dyslexic folks. It’s one thing to make it an option, but I’d discourage using it as a default.

1 Like

Issue solved!