Error uploading printer drivers

I am trying to upload printer drivers using the Print Management console. I see the printers but when I try to upload the drivers to the server, I get an error.

Setup cannot copy the file. Ensure the location specified below is correct.

Do I need to enable this functionality someplace?

Sorry for the late answer, I can reproduce the issue and found an old thread with a similar one. I tried uploading HP Universal print drivers with Windows 10 21H1 19043.1237 without success.

Did you find a solution in the meantime? Maybe special or older driver version needed? Maybe use this workaround?

I am still stuck, even tried different drivers versions and different printer manufacturers.

@peter1 @mrmarkuz

Hi

I’m not sure, but had this issue a long time ago. Tried several things, to no avail.
The solution was MUCH simpler: I needed something like a 777 permission on the folder for the printer drivers - that worked after restarting the server (incl samba / AD).

My 2 cents
Andy

2 Likes

Is this the directory?

/var/lib/nethserver/print_driver/

Edit: Changing permissions to 777 fixed the issue.

2 Likes

@peter1

Hi Peter

After loading the drivers, it would be a good idea (security!) to change back to the original permissions.
Printers are usually not installed every day - change when needed to install, then change back.

My 2 cents
Andy