Error in the Logs since Update from yesterday

NethServer Version: 7.8.2003

Hello friends,

i installed updates yesterday and now after every boot process these error messages in the logs:

07:46 ebpf.plugin should either run as root (now running with uid 984, euid 984) or have special capabilities… ebpf.plugin

07:46 PROCFILE: Cannot open file ‘/etc/netdata/apps_groups.conf’ ebpf.plugin

07:46 Does not have a configuration file inside `/etc/netdata/ebpf.conf. It will try to load stock file. ebpf.plugin

What can I do to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance and regards…

Uwe

I can confirm the errors but I think they can be ignored as the reports still work.

The config files are in /etc/netdata/conf.d/ and it looks like they are found but it still produces a log entry:

Cannot read process groups configuration file '/etc/netdata/apps_groups.conf'. Will try '/etc/netdata/conf.d/apps_groups.conf'

netdata runs as user netdata (which is a good safe way) but it wants to run as root, I didn’t find information about this error…

To supress at least the “file not found” errors we could create config files in the right directory (/etc/netdata/*). @giacomo, what do you think?

2 Likes

We actually configure netdata at little as possible, so I would like not adding config for a cosmetic issue.
@transocean I agree with Markus that the error can be ignored, we do not even use ebf :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks@Markus and Giacomo

1 Like