Emails - Where'd they go?

NethServer Version: 7.9.2009
Module: Email

I’ve been testing the different modules and am running neth in a VM. note - i’m using a fake fqdn

I configured the Email portion and to test the imap config, i connected my personal gmail and was monitoring the stats and was impressed. but uh, my emails from my inbox in gmail are gone and pretty sure on the nethserver but have no idea how to access them. (yes, i’m a moron). I do have a DC and it is joined to my dc and am currently installing exchange to a vm to configure smtp, but not sure this will help. any thoughts???

Check /var/log/maillog to see what happen, else everything is stored under /var/lib/nethserver/vmail/

Another idea would be to install nethserver-mail-getmail or nethserver-mail-imapsync to pull your email from gmail and install a webmail on nethserver like webtop, sogo, roundcubemail, rainloop…

Looks like I was able to get them. I installed thunderbird and connected directly to the imap server for my NS. I was able to get all the e-mails and move them all back to my gmail.

Now, I just installed roundcube and I should have done this from the beginning!! Thank you for your help…

1 Like

repeat after us our mantra : getmail must die, I will never use it on my server

This mantra has now become my own…thanks again!

1 Like