Email Addresses are still showing after removing Roundcube

NethServer Version: 7 RC2
Module: Roundcube

I installed Roundcube Web Mail and Email Address are now showing on the website. I removed Roundcube and MariaDB, but Email Address are still showing on the website.

From scratch I installed OpenLDAP, then installed Roundcube, and then removed Roundcube/MariaDB but the test user email address was still showing on the website.

From scratch I installed Samba AD, then installed Roundcube, and then removed Roundcube/MariaDB but the user email address was still showing on the website.

The webmail (Roundcube) website is showing “Database Error: Connected Failed!”

I also rebooted and the shut the server down but the same results.

1 Like

and ?

I don’t understand what you aim to do. You are just demonstrating us that the rpm nethserver-mail-server is not removed when you remove nethserver-roundcubemail.

you can change roundcubemail to another webmail type (eg sogo, rainloop, hordes…), therefore you need to keep all the mail server rpms

EDIt: reading this Email Addresses are still showing after removing SOGo, you explained your purpose.

1 Like

This link should explain my purpose too.

Documentation is everything, including the stuff don’t work just right, including this.

I borrowed some of this and put it in a pending Admin Manual update for Roundcube/Webmail documentation. Thanks :grinning:

For me it’s not a bug too. Adding it to our documentation would be great

I guess we’re have a different opinion of what makes a bug.

I posted this below comment about 3 weeks ago. You say you will wait and see if more documentation discussion would come out. Can you create a Documentation category and add this comment and other likes this in the Documentation category instead of Support?

if something is missing or misleading in the documentation, it’s a bug indeed, a documentation one :slight_smile:

1 Like

well, I read in

that you’ve been asked/proposed to edit/amend the manual…

this is a collaborative project, so you’re strongly encouraged to edit/create manual yourself, and you’re more than welcome

I been doing some and my learning about github is taking me a long to do, but I love challenges. :grin:

But what about the other members that may find another bug like this one and I don’t have the time or don’t want to edit a manual? I think making a Documentation category for this and allows other members to edit/create the manual.

I like the idea of marking documentation in a special way.

I wouldn’t define a category, I’d rather add a “documentation” tag, like we already do for software components because there can be

• documentation bugs
  • documentation development
  • documentation features
  • documentation testing
  • documentation translations

/cc @alefattorini @docs_team

2 Likes

Sure, it’s a documentation bug. But so far we have always categorized here just “code bug” and not “documentation bug”. So far.

If you use the github interface is pretty simple, for example:

If you need further help just ask, we are here on purpose. :open_hands:

I like it. Let’s give it a try!
Thanks to @JeffBales for the heads-up on this one! :+1: