Email 2 (Beta) released

So, I noticed this a while back myself, and added the mail package to my installation to install the mail-filters. From your above comment, I could read that as: 'it is useless to install the mailfilter components if you installed the mail packages as dependencies for SOGo.

Please tell me that is not a valid interpretation ?

As I said, I only installed SOGo from NethForge. Therefor I didn’t have any mailfilter installed. Maybe the mailfilter component should be added to the SOGo package? Or should we add an instruction to first install NethServer-mail from Softwarecenter, and after that install SOGo from NethForge?

2nd question: what happens with mailfilter if you only install Webtop from software center? Is that the same as with SOGo? Or does Webtop module install the mail filter?

done!

1 Like

after the downgrade i got:
Nethgui:

404 - Language not found

if i try to reach the rspamd gui

The UI URL changed, please see the docs!

Did you run update events?

The second command didn’t work for me:

[root@server ~]# for RPM in $(rpm -qa | grep nethserver-mail2-); do signal-event ${RPM}-update; done
Can't open directory /etc/e-smith/events/nethserver-mail2-server-2.0.0-1.ns7.noarch-update

I had to use this command instead:

for RPM in $(rpm -qa --qf "%{NAME}\n" | grep nethserver-mail2-); do signal-event ${RPM}-update; done

3 Likes

I guess webtop doesn’t install mail-filter too but i’m not sure (read not in front of a computer). Anyway, running a mail server without anti spam nowadays is not recommended so you should install one. Spammassassin knows many/some issues not fixed by upstream so I would encourage you to try rspamd (of course i’m biaised)

So… installing nethserver-mail or nethserver-mail2 is recommended before you install SOGo or Webtop?

Yess try it :wink:

Whatever spammassassin or rspamd

Looking good so far:

1 Like

Does the order matter? I first installed SOGo, then the rest of the mail package to get spam assassin … it looks like it’s working, but @davidep suggested otherwise or I read it that way … trying to figure out if I need to fix something before trying rspamd ?

When you install sogo, you force to install the former nethserver-mail-* stack. You have to swap your email server to nethserver-mail2-*.

On a fresh install, do nethserver-mail2-* first and after the groupware

3 Likes

If you just install SOGo or Webtop (without the email module from software center), there is no filtering installed at all. That is what I had.
If you want to have filtering, you can install the email module without any problem, since the default mail server is installed as dependency when you install SOGo or Webtop.
However, if you want to try rspamd, you need to follow the instruction to swap the email module for email 2 module. This is described in the docs: http://docs.nethserver.org/en/v7/mail2.html#upgrade-procedures

2 Likes

this works also for me, now i am able to get the webgui

1 Like

Just installed this. Looks awesome. :sunglasses:

Should I be worried about these messages:

|Time|Worker type|PID|Module|Internal ID|Message|
|---|---|---|---|---|---|
|3/9/2018, 5:17:17 PM|controller|9612|csession|eeb081|cannot connect to redis: unknown error|
|3/9/2018, 5:17:17 PM|controller|9612|||cannot connect to redis: No such file or directory|
|3/9/2018, 5:16:55 PM|fuzzy|9610|||cannot connect to redis: No such file or directory|
|3/9/2018, 5:15:55 PM|fuzzy|9610|||cannot connect to redis: No such file or directory|
|3/9/2018, 5:15:50 PM|controller|9612|csession|ccc358|cannot connect to redis: unknown error|
|3/9/2018, 5:15:50 PM|controller|9612|||cannot connect to redis: No such file or directory|
|3/9/2018, 5:15:50 PM|controller|9612|csession|ccc358|error getting reply from redis server /var/run/redis-rspamd/rspamd: No such file or directory|
|3/9/2018, 5:15:50 PM|controller|9612|csession|ccc358|error getting reply from redis server /var/run/redis-rspamd/rspamd: No such file or directory|
|3/9/2018, 5:15:50 PM|controller|9612|csession|ccc358|connection to redis server /var/run/redis-rspamd/rspamd timed out|

Cheers.

Hi @EddieA,

I don’t have such messages in my log. Is the redis service running?

systemctl status redis

Looks like no:

[root@Nethserver ~]# systemctl status redis
● redis.service - Redis persistent key-value database
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/redis.service; disabled; vendor preset: disabled)
  Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/redis.service.d
           └─limit.conf
   Active: inactive (dead)
[root@Nethserver ~]#

Looking in the log, I see this:

Mar  9 16:36:21 Nethserver redis-server: /usr/bin/redis-server: error while loading shared libraries: libjemalloc.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Mar  9 16:36:21 Nethserver systemd: redis-rspamd.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=127/n/a

Looks like a pre-req was possibly missed.

Cheers.

OK, installing “jemalloc” allows redis to start, but I’m not sure what other services now need to be restarted to pick this up.

All I’ve done so far is “rspamd” via the services UI. Is that sufficient.

Cheers.

It should be enough, rspamd uses redis.
If there are no errors anymore it should be OK.
Do you have nethserver-redis installed? If not it may be the reason for the missing dependency.

Nope, not there. Which NS feature is that part of.

Update It’s Bandwidth Monitor (ntopng), which I don’t have installed.

Cheers.