Ejabberd update 1.6 - Questions and Issues

First off - huge thanks @stephdl for this update. It will help us get better support from the ejabberd team instead of being told “you’re on an old version”

Is it possible to get some notes or a change log on these changes? I took the leap to update without knowing what the changes were. After the service failed to restart, I did some digging in GitHub and saw that it is a major version increment, and that the HTTP Upload has been incorporated.

I noticed two issues:
1 - duplicated s2s_use_starttls definitions

I had refactored this to come after the other configurations to allow more granular changes. Was it not merged in this way? Again - I think some change notes may be helpful here (which template files have been reworked?)

2 - HTTP_upload folder definition
I noticed that the default HTTP Upload is: /var/lib/nethserver/ejabberd/upload/
I thought that non-application data was supposed to be placed in /opt, like /opt/ejabberd/uploads/

for the modified files, check https://github.com/NethServer/nethserver-ejabberd/pull/30/files

did you make some custom templates, I cannot reproduce, ejabberd is up with s2s

systemctl status ejabberd
● ejabberd.service - ejabberd XMPP Server
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/ejabberd.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: active (running) since Sun 2020-03-08 22:57:18 CET; 12s ago

[root@prometheus ~]# grep -srni 's2s_use_starttls' /etc/ejabberd/ejabberd.yml
    98:s2s_use_starttls: required

Yes I did change some - I thought that the changes might have been merged in according to my other post, but that was probably a silly assumption.

Any comments about the location of the upload files? At least for me, I want those files to be included in any backups I take of my NethServer. Which is the best place to make that happen?

the place I decided under /var/lib/nethserver/ejabberd//ejabberd/upload/

1 Like

Thanks! I will move my files there and get rid of my customizations. Thanks again for your work.

1 Like