Ejabberd doesn't communicate with other XMPP (Jabber) servers

chat
ejabberd

(Daniel Zeman) #1

Hello friends,
I am not able to connect with other XMPP (Jabber) servers from the nethserver ejabberd chat server. I have tried to follow the instructions in
Ejabberd include s2s and TLS connections and Ejabberd enable s2s Port 5269 and other posts but without success. When I try to send message to contacts from other XMPP servers, it reports “Service unavailable.The server or recipient does not currently provide the requested service” or “Remote server not found. A remote server or service specified as part or all of the JID of the intended recipient does not exist.” despite I can normally communicate to these contacts from another XMPP server without problem.
Any suggestions?
Thank you!
Daniel

Ejabberd 18.06 bug or issue
(Giacomo Sanchietti) #2

I never tried to setup a confederation of XMPP server, but you should find all information here:
https://docs.ejabberd.im/admin/configuration/

I suggest to try it on a clean machine following ejabberd documentation. When it’s working, report here you’re findings and I will try to integrate them inside nethserver-ejabberd package.

In fact, a refactor of ejabberd configuration is on my todo list, along with an upgrade to Ejabberd 17.08.