Dovecot-Postfix Configuration

NethServer Version: NethServer release 7.3.1611 (Final)
Module: Email Server
Let’s say I have 2 domains:

Question Edited

• Virtual Mailbox Domain: example.local (internal domain)
  • Virtual Alias Domain: example.com (public domain)

Every mail sent to @example.com is really sent to @example.local.

I have a virtual alias that forward mails sent to support-abc@example.com is sent finally to:
op1@example.local

Now, I’d want to every mail was sent to support-abc@example.com it triggers an autoreply vacation style.

So, I’ve wrote and compiled a sieve filter, something like that and put in op1@example.local sieve folder.

But it fails complaining like that:

nov 29 15:55:39 muteriver.example.local dovecot[12549]: lmtp(12675, op1@example.local): CqNdF6sCH1qDMQAAcSFsIQ: sieve: msgid=<ded22f3d-f1e3-157e-0667-ca73d851d1a8@example.com>: discarding vacation response for implicitly delivered message; no known (envelope) recipient address found in message headers (recipient=<op1@example.local>, and additional `:addresses' are specified)

I’ve tried appending in dovecot configuration:

lda_original_recipient_header = X-Original-To and in /etc/postfix/main.cf enable_original_recipient = yes.

But it does not work either.

Using: dovecot-pigeonhole-2.2.10-8.el7.centos.x86_64 and postfix-2.10.1-6.el7.x86_64

Please could you help me, am I missing something?

Thanks in advance

It might be faster to request the correct configuration for your scenario. For me, they work fine as far as I can see. You should always first consult the nethserver documentation for specifics that are common things one should know.

1 Like

I’ve edited the question accordingly :slight_smile: