Disaster recovery with HDD upgrade

I like your suggestion, I will try it when I have time. Thanks!

Please, keep community posted with your result and comments. Maybe can help someone else in the future :wink:

@loic any update?

Not yet. I will first try to use the config and data backup with a brand new installation, and check for the errors. I want to understand what happens and find a solution, otherwise it is useless to have backups. I will try one evening or next week-end.
I will post my conclusion, I hope next week.

Finally, I just cloned my small drive (128GB) to the new one (500GB), extended the LVM partition to the entire disk, and… no luck. Back in Nethserver, which works fine, I can expand the root LVM only up to 128GB. Any idea to have the full drive recognized?

What did you missed from my “steps list”?

Maybe i got a bit wrong something…

I think I missed nothing. Booting back in GParted, my LVM partition fits the whole disk. But in NS, I can extend the root LVM only up to 128GB. The volume group remains at 128GB

Anyway: would you please share from Cockpit the screenshot coming from this?

System → Storage → /dev/VolGroup/lv_root

Anything to change with the UUID of the disk?

Was not necessary to me…

Je suis desolée, mon ami, je ne parlaiz pas française. At least, a good enough for Computers.
English please :wink:

Therefore, something odd to me. HOME? Did you install CentOS then “Nethserver-it” after custom partitioning?

My storage look… different.

Yes, that was my first experience with NS and could not make it with a clean install from the ISO. I kept the Home but reduced it to 1GB

It is an installation of NS6 on new Centos, upgraded to NS7

Maybe I should try again a clean install from the iso with the restoration of parameters and data. But I could not make it last time

This make it an entirely different league of experience, to me.

If the “source” installation is fully upgraded/updated, you could roll out this procedure.

The difference is that “old setup” is with 128Gb disk, new setup is with 500gb disk.
Remember to delete all the partitions on 500gb disk before install NethServer from USB/DVD

Also, for the next support request, consider to fill the first post with more information. Not everyone could know or guess your current installation :wink:

OK, I keep you posted. Thank you

Clean install, restore config, and still no users and no software reinstalled :cry:
Shall I restore data to get something?

I could get back my users and groups thanks to:

But no application reinstalled