Disabling integrated chat in webtop for certain users

NethServer Version: 7.9.2009
Module: Webtop version 1.8.15

Hello @webtop_team , @support_team ,

I’ve used the following guide to add chat inside my Webtop:

https://docs.nethserver.org/en/v7/webtop5.html#chat-integration

On most of our office computers, I’ve installed Pidgin. I’d like to turn off the WebTop integrated chat for some users that have Pidgin and leave the WebTop integrated chat for users that do not have Pidgin installed. Reading the page above I see how to add the WEBCHAT resource. How would I update in the WebTop Admin per user who has the integrated chat on their WebTop? Is this possible?

Thank you.

Hello @webtop_team or @lucag ,

Looking for advice on how to remove integrated chat in Webtop for only some users but not all.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hello @support_team or @webtop_team ,

Is there a way to disable chat for some webtop users and leave chat enabled for other webtop users?

Thank you.

I don’t think there’s a way to disable/remove the chat for a specific user or group because the only possible action is ACCESS so one needs to remove the authorization completely.

What about creating a group named “chat” in Webtop and set the authorization for that “chat” group (instead of the “users” group)?
Now you can add the users that should have chat enabled to the “chat” group.
This way it’s easier to manage chat users but it’s also possible to set the authorization for the user:

5 Likes

Hello @mrmarkuz ,

Excellent suggestion. I had thought there was more to remove but you are correct…creating a new group and removing the WEBCHAT service on users group and adding it to the new Chat group works perfectly.

Thanks very much for your help!

2 Likes