Disable service monitoring?

I have a Nethserver installed for one of my customers some time ago.
Now it is time to thinking about an subscription plan.

He want to have open some support options for security reasons and i am of the opinion that a subscription helps maybe to contributing something to the development in this way.

Some times ago i have “subscribed” for an “testplan” and used this some days/weeks.
But after starting the “test” subscription there was many e-mails from service monitoring system.
Is there a way to switch off this external monitoring generally.

Regards
yummiweb

1 Like

Is there a way to switch off this external monitoring?
So i can have a subscription plan WITHOUT “phoning home”?

Regards
yummiweb

Alerts are created by the NethServer itself, only the email is sent from my.nethserver.com
I wouldn’t call external monitoring, it’s internal, no data is transmitted outside, only the alert type.

Moreover, you should investigate the alerts you are receiving: a system in good shape shouldn’t fire off alerts.

I need to understand the use case to develop a way to disable alerts.

Alerts are created by the NethServer itself, only the email is sent from my.nethserver.com

I understand this for cases, where its impossible to sending alert-emails direct from server. but in most cases (i think) a server or service can reports self via e-mail.

I wouldn’t call external monitoring, it’s internal, no data is transmitted outside, only the alert type.

Is there an documentation available? E.g. about the transmitted data, the target, which protokoll and/or port ist used and how to disable this function?

Moreover, you should investigate the alerts you are receiving: a system in good shape shouldn’t fire off alerts.

Of course. but my question was more an “principles reflect” about “phoning home” (where?)

I need to understand the use case to develop a way to disable alerts.

Not in general, to disable alerts over a third point.
I can see the benefit for some customers, but i can see also the “showstopper” for other customers.
In fact - as I mentioned - for some of my customers. There are some interestors for an subscription plan but there are still questions here, like this.

You can start with the manual, as usual:

As I said, the only thing that is sent when an alert fires off is the name of the alert.
The daily inventory is also documented in the manuals (both NethServer’s and Puppet).

And there is the code, it’s all opensource. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! I missed that.

Am I understood correctly? The remote Service which receives the alerts and sends via e-mail is an “Dartagnan instance”, so i can either remove the predefined (Alerts/Api) URL complete or change it to an own “Dartagnan instance”?

Best regards and a happy Christmas,
yummiweb

Yes, you can do it.
I suspect you will receive some errors from cron and probably from collected.