Deleting a NS Samba user is not working

v7 beta1. I installed NethServer Samba Active Directory and created an user. When I click on the Delete button and after I confirmed to delete the user, no error message but the user is still there. I again try to delete the user but the user is still there. I restarted the server after each time I try to delete. After several times trying to delete the user, using Windows 7 I was able to join the domain using that user and he was able to see the DC.

1 Like

It seems a similar situation happened to @fasttech and @flatspin.

Can you see anything interesting in /var/log/messages?

I think I got the same log file as @fasttech.,

Sep 1 11:45:00 server admin-todos: Failed to get machine PTY: No such file or directory
Sep 1 11:45:26 server esmith::event[2019]: Event: user-delete jbales@bales.lan
Sep 1 11:45:26 server esmith::event[2019]: Failed to get machine PTY: No such file or directory
Sep 1 11:45:26 server esmith::event[2019]:
Sep 1 11:45:26 server esmith::event[2019]: Action: /etc/e-smith/events/user-delete/S40nethserver-dc-user-delete SUCCESS [0.03577]
Sep 1 11:45:27 server esmith::event[2019]: Action: /etc/e-smith/events/user-delete/S90nethserver-sssd-clear-cache SUCCESS [0.091006]
Sep 1 11:45:27 server esmith::event[2019]: Event: user-delete SUCCESS

1 Like

Can you please try with this?

1. Restart only the container

systemctl restart nsdc

2. Try to delete again from the web interface

3. If it doesn’t work from the web interface (as I hope), try to delete the user from command line:

signal-event user-delete <user>

Hi, after doing a “systemctl restart nsdc”, the user was deleted in the web interface and Windows 7 would not allow that user to see the shared folders or rejoin the domain.