Creating a repo

NethServer Version: 7.4
Module: ?

As noted in another thread, I’m working on RPMs for automx and nethserver-automx. I’d just as soon get those into an existing repo, but not being sure how to go about that, another option is to run my own, at least as an interim measure. So I see there’s an article on the wiki on the subject. I also notice that (1) it seems to have been mostly taken from SME material, and (2) it’s looking a little old*. So my question is, is this still current? Are there changes or updates I should note?

*one of the “looking a little old” questions is that on Neth 7.4, the yum_repositories db appears to be completely empty. Is that still the preferred method to add a repo?

There are several members that maintain a private repository. Tagging @mrmarkuz and @stephdl
Maybe they can point to some more docs on how to set up a private repository.

2 Likes

I am the author of the sme server documentation, when I left the project I took my bags.

Two different things now

• The way to declare your repo, check nethserver-stephdl
  • The documentation states on a ‘7’ folder for example, with the new way to block the minor centos update you must use the 7.0518 (check the official nethserver mirror, i am not sure)

At the end you could ask for a nethforge access and do not bother to maintain a repo.

It is up to you

2 Likes

Have a look here: How to create your own NethServer mirror
Oops, my bad… (as explained by mrmarkuz in his post below)

Yes, I used the wiki article and it worked.

Be careful not to mix things. This link shows how to create a Nethserver mirror to provide all packages needed for updating Nethserver. It’s not the same as providing a repo for additional dev packages.

Is the yum_repositories database no longer used, or is it just more convenient for the user to install an RPM to set up the repo?

With ns, only by a rpm

Hi Stephdl,
struggling to know how to add up new repositories to software centre ( or my Nethserver).
i am trying to add up a network printer. but once i try to add printer in CUPS , it tells me that it is “forbidden”.
While looking for some step by step guide, i came across
ftp://isl.hk/contribs/rvandenaker/testing/smeserver-cups/documentation/howtos/cups-add-printer.html
but to follow, it assumes that i have added the rvandenaker-cups repository to my yum configuration, which i haven’t as i don’t know how to do it.
your guidance is requested please.

I’m not @stephdl, but my guidance is to not continue down this path. Note that the page you’re linking to is 13 years old. Any RPMs involved would necessarily be for an earlier version of CentOS, most likely CentOS 5 (though possibly 6), and thus wouldn’t be compatible with Neth 7. I don’t have the solution to your problem, but this isn’t it.

2 Likes

Thanks for your advice.:+1::+1: