Coolify HEroku Alternative pass requests

Hello,

I installed Coolify on Nethseverver Coolify

However, every domain or subdomain i add, is not passed to coolify for it to handle the other things. How can this be made to work.

Hi Martin,
Sorry to bother, but I absolutely have no clue what Coolify is or does. Maybe a bit more context in your startpost could help get other members enthousiast about this feature.

Coolify is a self hosted solution similar to Heroku. it automates the process of created self hosted db, like mongo, PGSql and MSQL to be consumed by external applications. similar to what digital ocean offers.

On top of that, it automates the hosting of files. if i have a Nodejs project on Github for example, i can setup a domain on coolify, then it will ull the project, deploy it via a docker container, configure it to a database, and install ssl cert for the app.

I installed the app, just to test it on Nethsevrer, and it installed and runs fine, the problem is, i can assign public subdomains to the apps inside coolify, since they are hijacked by Nethserver. even trying to setup coolify as reverse proxy on nethserver, does not pass that domain to coolify. not sure what i am missing

hello @robb after doing some inner diggings, it seems that it would be a significant stretch to have coolify running and forwarding the relevant requests on Ns7, however, i stumbled upon this article, which seems would add some context for Nethserver 8 to be able to host it so

Integrating Coolify into an existing Traefik setup – Nicolas Beaussart (beaussan.io)

@giacomo this is part of my reason to ask “how usable” NS8 is in its current state.

if i can deploy coolify, and some other nocode docker based solutions onto it, then could try to put it in prod for those use cases, as other builds come along, although ill wait for the mail module to be atleast ready, which i see youre doing a great job with.

though, i understand ns8 uses podmain instead of docker, its still all not so clean in my head yet

For now, we are not interested in integrating platforms like Coolify, we are now focused on porting current modules from NS7.

I took a very quick look to Coolify, I feel it needs a whole machine without anything else installed.