Computer in accreditation and forced expansion Msbrowser

Hello everyone, I wanted to report a problem in my AD Neth7 Contest (for me known), that every time I credit a PC to the Activedirectory domain, these forces the election to Master browser!

I notice this because from the network the PCs that browse the workgroup see few users. Connecting to shell in Neth and launching smbclient -L localhost: I realize that your accredited Windows PC has become a Master browser! I have to intervene with the following change to the configuration register :nerd_face:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Browser\Parameters] “MaintainServerList”=”No” “IsDomainMaster”=”False”

@france

Hi Francesco

Are you using Win11?

AFAIK, for Win7 and Win10 this does not trigger an election…

The server, as AD DC already has the higher “rating” than a Win7 or Win10 workstation can get. This may have changed with Win11, the Samba guys will have to do the work / upstream…

It makes sense to set this via GroupPolicys to all workstations - even new workstations will get this!

My 2 cents
Andy

Hi Andy, yes, but I confirm that the problem of forcing to master browsers I had with Windows 7 Windows 10 and 11. I had thought of managing the change via GPO policy, but all this is to be considered a fallback ??? Microsoft… :nauseated_face:

What do you expect?
That one day you need more than 640 KB RAM? :slight_smile:

1 Like

In a world without walls and fences
who needs windows and gates?

:slight_smile:

1 Like

@france

This may help, i have it running…

The adaptation to Web Discovery services is excellent, but the fact remains that a host that is part of a domain must have permission to elect itself as a Master Browser. It’s like saying that a sailor on a ship, in full autonomy, has the ability to change the route of the ship …:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Group-Policy Editor is your friend… :slight_smile:

Works at least well enough with RSAT & NethServer-AD

Yes, in fact, it is a very compatible and flexible tool.

When I need to make changes, changes or futures, the tool works well, even remote administration of PCs.

1 Like