Coming soon: Fedora on Lenovo laptops!

This is an amazing new :slight_smile:

https://fedoramagazine.org/coming-soon-fedora-on-lenovo-laptops/

let see what it will happen, the dell offer with ubuntu was not a real success IMHUO

3 Likes

I just picked up a Lenovo laptop for my wife, but haven’t really messed with fedora.in a while.

1 Like

Fedora is modern, stable, up to date… One cons is the updates flow and every 6 months you have a new version.

I have never reinstalled since fedora 21 IIRC, even my migration to my new laptop has been done with a clone (dd and LVM are old friends)

However the best new is that it will be easier to install linux on thinkpad/lenovo. Actually I am a dell lover since years, but it could change now because I really don’t like their dockstation with usb C. Thinkpad have a better dockstation I think.

1 Like

And recently IBM bought RedHat.
Coincidence?

1 Like

Dang it! And the boss just got me a new Dell laptop which I had to install Fedora on…

Wonder if I can convince my bosses to get me a Lenovo lappy next time round :thinking:

1 Like

send me your brand new dell laptop by mail, it will convince more your boss to buy a new one if you miss it.

1 Like

At least on servers, AFAIK Dell is quite CentOS friendy. Therefore maybe it won’t be a PITA install fedora on business Dell laptops

1 Like

:rofl:

If would say deal if I didn’t have the need to supply my boys with a machine that’s powerful enough to run Fortnite…

1 Like

At work we use dell vxrails I think that is what they are called for our virtual environment.