Collectd-nut not installed with subscription

Hi guys, this is really a minor thing, but the nut plugin in collectd is not loaded, because in sb-epel there is an old rpm which requires another collectd version.
In epel repo there is collectd-nut-5.8.0-4.el7.x86_64.rpm, but in sb-epel there is collectd-nut-5.8.0-3.el7.x86_64.rpm. So the /usr/lib64/collectd/nut.so is not present and the nut plugin is not loaded.

I installed the collectd-nut-5.8.0-4.el7.x86_64.rpm from epel and it works fine now.

Please update the rpm in sb-epel-repo.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing it out! Could report the full error message from yum?

I’m wondering if in general we should run

yum distro-sync 

… Just at the end of the subscription procedure. Because some packages (like this) may require to be downgraded!

Another interesting command for subscription could be

package-cleanup

Orphaned packages are likely to be out of the supported set of packages… :thinking:

Sorry I don’t have it anymore. In yum.log and messages slao no entrys.

When did you activate the subscription? I suppose some package was installed from upstream repos with an higher version, before you enabled sb- repositories… Is that possible?

1 Like

Good question!
What I did:

clean install from iso 7.5
all updates incl. kernel and reboot to activate kernel
rsync-upgrade step 1
rsync-upgarde step 2 (-u)
upgrade from PDC to AD
And as all was done, I activeted the subscription.
I can’t say what was first: installing collectd or subscrition.
But when I had installed collectd before subscrition, it would have installed nut correctly, because then epel repo would have been active. I installed collectd-nut after subscrition with --enablerepo=epel without problem.
So I think I have installed collectd after subscrition, but again I’m not sure.