NethServer 7.6 released
[todo reword] Today, we’re thrilled to announce that NethServer 7.6 has been released and is publicly available.
[todo reword] We’re confident that it will be as always a great release and it will achieve our mission: making sysadmin’s life easier with Open Source. This is thanks to the most vibrant, supportive and friendly community in the Open Source space (and not only Open Source).
NethServer is an Open Source operating system designed for small offices and medium enterprises. It’s simple, secure and flexible.
NethServer is ready to deliver your messages, to protect your network with the built-in firewall, share your files and much more, everything on the same system.
Many new features were added since the last NethServer ISO was released, they are all available today with NethServer 7.6! Let’s see the most important improvements!
- live upgrade
- cockpit alpha?
- new updates for: mattermost, nextcloud
- Mailserver: rspamd update, quarantine, automatic upgrade to rspamd
- Security: fail2ban, nDPI,
- webtop 5.5
- New backup
- New sogo panel SOGo
- Firewall objects and log port forwarding
- GDPR enhancements: home user deletion
Since NethServer 7.5.1804 new Email, POP3 connector and POP3 proxy installations are based on the Rspamd filter engine. Previous NethServer installations are automatically upgraded to Rspamd!
- Remote calendars and contacts auto-sync
- WebRTC Voice and Video call on chat (beta)
- Favorites folder
- CalDAV/CarDAV Server implementation through SabreDAV
- New recursive rule based calendar recurrences and new full featured GUI
- Show quota for mailbox
- Optimized layout for tablet experience
- Add attachments support on Events, Contacts and Tasks
- A new statistic page has been created in the status section to count how many bans each jails has done. This allows you to track the activity of the attackers and help to protect your server.
- The unban page has moved to the status section of Fail2ban, the backend engine has been enhanced, now when an IP is set in the IP whitelist menu, it is automatically unbanned. We want to ease the sysadmin life.
- Several new jails have been created
- rspamd : the web application for administrative task is now protected
- webtop: the groupware is protected against brute force attack
- postfix sasl : the jail protect against the bad login attempt of your smtp server.
- postfix sasl abuse: the jail protect against IPs (except for trusted network) who use your smtp server to send an abusive number of emails
- asterisk: the login to your SIP server are protected
- The shorewall integration with fail2ban has been enhanced, this is a backend work.
Added support for TLS certificates based on Elliptic-curve Cryptography (ECC).
Windows File server page
PHP 5.6 has been deprecated
PHP 5.6 from SCL has reached end-of-life but it will be still available from the NethServer repositories during the 7.6.1810 lifetime. Read the release notes for more information.
Download and install
[todo reword] Who wouldn’t want all these fantastic new features?
- You can install NethServer on a virtual machine or on a bare-metal server using a DVD or USB stick
- Upgrade from 7 versions are supported through the Software center
If you find a bug, please report it here – every bug you uncover is a chance to improve the experience for thousands of NethServer users worldwide, also our amazing beta testers team will be called upon to give its support on that!
Ready to check it out? Then head to the docs and download: