Cockpit Nextcloud UI

Thanks to the amazing work of @edoardo_spadoni, we released the Nextcloud Cockpit application.

At first access, the UI will display the default admin password inside a warning. The warning will be cleared after password change.

From the configuration page, you can edit the virtualhost and the trusted domains:

You can even overwrite CalDAV/CardDav auto-discovery URL (/cc @danb35):

Last but not least, the application log:

Everything is already available in stable repository, but feel free to raise any issue!

8 Likes

Does this work?!

I gave up trying to use Nextclould’s calendar and address book because I couldn’t get a combination of Nethserver and macOS to talk nicely. [Solved] Rewrite for /principles/user/ Apache?

I now have SOGo installed so I can’t just try this to see if I could use it.

@DavidG you could always install a test server…

Yea, I could. My excuse is that I use my router to port forward to the server and it only allows me to forward to one server. Its a fiddle to configure. Unless there’s another way for me to have two servers running? Or could I set the new server with the same LAN IP address and power down the other? No, I think the router looks at the MAC address. How do you run two servers?

Different IP Address, and test in lan…

1 Like

I’m not sure if either my network or my wetware is sophisticated enough! I may try in a week or two.

The configuration is applied, so yes it works from my point of view. :slight_smile:

Everything else is a matter of Nextcloud applications, and I have no idea what is the status of CalDAV/CardDAV support in Nextcloud itself.

Thanks, I’m going to build a new server to try it, but not for a week or so. I will let you know… :wink:

1 Like

OK, I couldn’t resist and have set up a fresh NethServer. Good news @giacomo, it works for me as well! As I said in the other thread (link above) I couldn’t get NextCloud’s Contacts to work with macOS 10.14. Now it’s perfect. Thank you.

2 Likes

@giacomo
@DavidG

Hi

I’ll also confirm that Contacts finally work from my Mac - using the new Cockpit UI / NextCloud and unsetting the
Enable CalDAV and CardDAV auto-discovery
and resetting it back to on worked!

I’ll also add that this server has been running for 1-2 years now, and NOW Nextcloud works on all used platforms as expected!

Great work weeding out the bugs!

Andy

3 Likes

wow, that’s wonderful, especially the virtualhost part for nextcloud.

2 Likes

have used it. Now it looks even cooler.
Now thinking of a way to circumvent mattermost slef hosted and add ldap to it.

There is one: install gitlab and configure it to use ldap. Than configure mattermost to use gitlab auth. :slight_smile:

1 Like

eish, the install process. ANyone with simple method?