Cockpit 7.8.2003 fails on iPad

I installed a new NS yesterday and it turned out to be 7.8.2003. Works OK! But when I login to Cockpit on my iPad, after the authentication screen I get nothing, a blank screen. Works fine on my desktop Mac.

I also I have a NS running 7.7.1908 and that works fine on the iPad.

1 Like

Do you have any addons installed? I’ve found another thread at github with the blank screen.
There was the problem with Chrome Browser with an older interface, so it could be an other problem, but give it a try.
They disabled HTML5 Autoplay (Reloaded)

cc @dev_team

1 Like

3 Likes

what version of cockpit we use with 7.8, it could be the culprit

No, this is on an iPad. iPadOS 13.4.1. As I say, Cockpit on NS 7.7.1908 works perfectly on the same iPad.

Ha, that’s funny. I always thought it was the Linux people who acted like drug dealers, giving the stuff away and then when when you’re hooked they start charging for ‘support’.

:wink:

3 Likes

OT but there is no maintenance on linux

uptime

:smiley:

2 Likes

cockpit-195.6-1

1 Like

I just posted - have the exact same problem - anyone have any ideas?

Check if your version osx/safari is compatible

1 Like

When I visit the linked page using the same iPad and browser which fails to load Cockpit I am given the message

“Your current browser should work with Cockpit.”

Of course I assume that, but it seems that the new cockpit version provided by centos7.8 fails with your IPad/IPhone. You could test also with a NethServer 7.7 to validate the cockpit version works with this version of OSX/Safari

do you know what exact version you use currently for OSX and Safari please

iOS - current version - 13.4.1
OS x equipment works just fine.

Tried safari, firefox and chrome. All fail.

No html engine different than WebKit is allowed in iOS, AFAIK.
Therefore any other browser is a porting of functions coming from the developer, but without the original engine (Gecko for Firefox, Blink for Chrome)
Or there’s a bug into Webkit (sometimes happens) or there’s a bug into Cockpit (sometimes happens)

1 Like

@DavidG and @Toronto,
Could you try to install a letsencrypt certificate?

It might be related to this:

@mrmarkuz reported the default self-signed certificate expired in 1979.
I never could reproduce the the issue and blamed it on a racy-condition at system-init between getting a time from a ntp server (this was in a raspberry PI so no RTC) and the creation of the certificate.

However now I am curios what expiration date of the default self-signed certificate on your systems is :question:

IIRC it should be 10 years from the installation time. Of course, hoping that the system clock is good :slight_smile: