Client email links not reachable

I have Nethserver 7.6.1810 (final) running on a Dell Precision WorkStation T3500. It has two interfaces, one facing an internet router, the other providing connectivity for clients. Clients associate with an Access Point on the “inside” interface, and get DHCP configuration from NethServer. They then use Nethserver as their default gateway and access the Internet that way. It all seems to work fine. However, I have noticed that clients can download and read their email (outlook/O365) from an external server, when they try to use embedded links in the emails, the web pages they try to go to are corrupted/not downloaded/broken. This does not happen if I connect a client direct to the network on the Internet side of Nethserver.

I can see nothing suspicious in the logs, though that could be because I don’t know what I’m looking for.

Any suggestions would be great!

Jim

Hi Jim, sorry for late response. Were you able to solve the problem?
The links pointed to internal or public resources?
The server acts as webproxy/webfilter?

Hi Dnutan,
Yes, I fixed it…I had a bad entry for DNS server…I moved from Google (8.8.8.8) to my ISP’s DNS server and it all worked. And yes, the server acts as transparent proxy.
Thanks for getting back to me…all good now
Jim

Glad you were able to figure it out. Thanks for the feedback, it might help other users with a similar issue.