Clamav-unofficial-sigs.sh Problem

Hello everyone,
I´m receiving around every 6 hours the following email from my nethserver:

Von: (Cron Daemon) nethserver@xxx
Gesendet: Sonntag, 1. März 2020 16:23
An: root@xxx
Betreff: Cron root@nethserver [ -x /usr/sbin/clamav-unofficial-sigs.sh ] && /bin/bash /usr/sbin/clamav-unofficial-sigs.sh

xargs: WARNING: a NUL character occurred in the input. It cannot be passed through in the argument list. Did you mean to use the --null option?

Netserver is 7.7.1908 with all updates installed. AFIAK I havn´t done any modifications beside:

yum --enablerepo=epel-testing update clamav-unofficial-sigs

Any suggestions on how to solve this problem?

Thanks / Perakes

Hi and welcome to Nethserver Community,

I updated clamav-unofficial-sigs from epel-testing but couldn’t reproduce the issue.

Do you get more detailed error output when you run it directly:

[ -x /usr/sbin/clamav-unofficial-sigs.sh ] && /bin/bash /usr/sbin/clamav-unofficial-sigs.sh

Are there errors in the logs /var/log/messages or /var/log/clamav-unofficial-sigs/clamav-unofficial-sigs.log ?

If there’s an error in the script you could try to reinstall:

yum reinstall clamav-unofficial-sigs --enablerepo=epel-testing

or downgrade from epel-testing package:

yum downgrade clamav-unofficial-sigs

Hello Markus,

thank you for your reply, I think I found the problem. The logs didn´t show any significant error beside:

No LinuxMalwareDetect database file updates found

rfxn.com was blocked by my firewall/pfblockerNG. I whitelisted rfxn.com and since this there are no more emails and the logs show that the database files get updated.

Sorry I´m not really a Linux guy: If I downgrade via

yum downgrade clamav-unofficial-sigs

will it go backwards to epel repo or can I leave the epel-testing repo for clamav-unoffical-sigs

Thank you for your help

Perakes

You’re welcome.

yum downgrade clamav-unofficial-sigs downgrades to epel version, not epel-testing.

Perfect - Thanks