Ciacco on neth server error?

Hello everyone, this morning I received this error :slight_smile:

Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 1225, <> line 9860.
Use of uninitialized value $bounceReas in substitution (s///) at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 871, <> line 9860.
Use of uninitialized value $bounceReas in hash element at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 873, <> line 9860.
Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 1225, <> line 10055.
Use of uninitialized value $bounceReas in substitution (s///) at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 871, <> line 10055.
Use of uninitialized value $bounceReas in hash element at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 873, <> line 10055.
Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 1225, <> line 9860.
Use of uninitialized value $bounceReas in substitution (s///) at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 871, <> line 9860.
Use of uninitialized value $bounceReas in hash element at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 873, <> line 9860.
Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 1225, <> line 10055.
Use of uninitialized value $bounceReas in substitution (s///) at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 871, <> line 10055.
Use of uninitialized value $bounceReas in hash element at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 873, <> line 10055.
Use of uninitialized value $bounceReas in hash element at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 873, <> line 10055.```

Hi @france

Please do include Version, What you were doing that caused the error…
Just an error message says nothing…

My 2 cents
Andy

Hi Andy,

The NethServer release 7.9.2009 (final) version

I wasn’t doing anything I think it’s part of cron for generating Neth7 reports, as I scheduled at one time to receive the usual .pdf report of neth7 statistics

OK, sorry, can’t help with that, but at least some info for anyone who can…
I need to run off to a client now.

The issue probably has to do with Apache, check the apache logs (access, error) for more info…

My 2 cents
Andy

This is an error of the parse for /var/log/mail.
I saw the same error a couple of times, but I couldn’t be able to reproduce.

It should go away tonight, but if it’s present every night, I will need the log to reproduce the issue.

Hi Giacomo, I think I understood the source of the problem. The server had a spent memory swap so the logs signaled me out of memory space. I really believe that the problem is precisely to be attributed to this. If there are news as always, I’ll update the post. At the moment thank you.

1 Like

Hi Giacomo, the error was repeated, but this time I checked the memory status of the server and it was ok. I attach those who follow.

Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 1225, <> line 29574.
Use of uninitialized value $bounceReas in substitution (s///) at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 871, <> line 29574.
Use of uninitialized value $bounceReas in hash element at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 873, <> line 29574.
Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 1225, <> line 33040.
Use of uninitialized value $bounceReas in substitution (s///) at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 871, <> line 33040.
Use of uninitialized value $bounceReas in hash element at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 873, <> line 33040.
Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 1225, <> line 33109.
Use of uninitialized value $bounceReas in substitution (s///) at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 871, <> line 33109.
Use of uninitialized value $bounceReas in hash element at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 873, <> line 33109.
Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 1225, <> line 29574.
Use of uninitialized value $bounceReas in substitution (s///) at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 871, <> line 29574.
Use of uninitialized value $bounceReas in hash element at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 873, <> line 29574.
Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 1225, <> line 33040.
Use of uninitialized value $bounceReas in substitution (s///) at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 871, <> line 33040.
Use of uninitialized value $bounceReas in hash element at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 873, <> line 33040.
Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 1225, <> line 33109.
Use of uninitialized value $bounceReas in substitution (s///) at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 871, <> line 33109.
Use of uninitialized value $bounceReas in hash element at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 873, <> line 33109.

Here is the message the header

Even today cron via email reports error. The server from the logs does not report anything abnormal.

Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 1225, <> line 45186.
Use of uninitialized value $bounceReas in substitution (s///) at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 871, <> line 45186.
Use of uninitialized value $bounceReas in hash element at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 873, <> line 45186.
Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 1225, <> line 47567.
Use of uninitialized value $bounceReas in substitution (s///) at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 871, <> line 47567.
Use of uninitialized value $bounceReas in hash element at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 873, <> line 47567.
Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 1225, <> line 45186.
Use of uninitialized value $bounceReas in substitution (s///) at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 871, <> line 45186.
Use of uninitialized value $bounceReas in hash element at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 873, <> line 45186.
Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 1225, <> line 47567.
Use of uninitialized value $bounceReas in substitution (s///) at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 871, <> line 47567.
Use of uninitialized value $bounceReas in hash element at /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-mail/dashboard/pflogsumj line 873, <> line 47567.

Does Ciacco deliver scheduled reports?

Edit: the source of the entry errors seems the script pflogsumj, which is according to the project page “a log analyzer/summarizer for Postfix MTA”
And not a “first run” for your setup, @france

Hi, I didn’t understand much, but by what little do you mean it’s related to reports? If so, I think so, as I receive weekly system reports in graphic format every day.
In the past, several times ciacco has made mistakes related to the servitude of reports. Clearly resolved by @giacomo

As I said before, the cause is a malformed maillog.
The parser comes from a very old code (20 years or so). In the meanwhile postfix has changed the format in some conditions.
Feel free to ignore the warning or inspect the log and try to find the bad lines. Eventually, you can attach the log here. If it contains sensible data, you can send it to me with a private message

For finding alternatives to the reported package, I had some diggin’ around the net… finding postfix-logwatch, these are my findings.
http://gitweb.michael.orlitzky.com/?p=postfix-logwatch.git
this is the gitweb repository of the source

AFAIK postfix-logwatch is no part of the current repositores for standard NethServer plus some contributions, at least, no option is available with these

repo id
ce-base/7/x86_64
ce-extras/7/x86_64
ce-sclo-rh/7/x86_64
ce-sclo-sclo/7/x86_64
ce-updates/7/x86_64
elasticsearch-7.x
epel/x86_64
mrmarkuz/7
nethforge/7/x86_64
nethserver-base/7/x86_64
nethserver-updates/7/x86_64
zammad/x86_64

And I’m no expecting in any way that dev team would consider this a replacement or another interesting tool to ad at the mailserver toolbox, a lot of work is ongoing with NS8 and NS7 is currently in “maintenance/bugfix only” mode.
Also i cannot tell in any way if this package can overlap or replace in anyway the current postfix statistics generator script, or if logwatch is needed for using this package (and I don’t currently now the implications of this alleged dependancy)
However…

Maybe could be useful, in some near/not-so-near future

1 Like