Cheap VPS Server for NethServer installation

Hi all,
i’m looking for a cheap VPS server to install NethServer, i have tryed ovh, aruba, DigitalOcean, etc…
Now i’m trying Contabo.
They offer
CPU: Two cores
RAM: 6GB
Disk Storage: 500 GB SSD-boosted
BW: 100 Mbit/s port
Unlimited traffic: No additional costs due to traffic (if average
traffic consumption continuously exceeds 60 Mbit/s over a timespan of at
least 5 days the connection is switched to 10 Mbit/s).
At 7.99 €/month

I have successfuly installed both NethServer 6.7 and NethServer 7.2 without problem.

Do you know any better offer (compatible with Nethserver ) in this price range ?

Ehi Jack welcome on our Community.
You can find some suggestions here:

Are you happy with Contabo?

I own a vps with Contabo two days ago…
For now all OK! But there are bad review on the NET!

There is a very cheap provider in Italy: https://www.arubacloud.com/
For the smallest VPS it is only EUR1,- per month

I use a VPS in the Netherlands and pay EUR10,- per month for more or less the same configuration. I don’t know what the service is with arubacloud.com. With the dutch VPS I have great support and have had next to no outage in the last 3 years.

I have tryed Aruba before contabo…but For my needs is a better choice contabo becose of the offered diskspace (500gb) and the very high RAM (6gb)

I also have some problem in installing nethserver with arubacloud. Are you using nerhserver on arubacloud?

No I currently do not use arubacloud. But it is one of the cheapest options I have seen. I have tried arubacloud for 2 weeks, but only with a standard linux distro (in my case ubuntu server LTS) with a LAMP stack where I used www.tiki.org and www.drupal.org, just for testing purposes.

I have purchased Arubacloud!
Let the challange begins.

5 posts were split to a new topic: After installation on ArubaCloud, server is not reachable

Go with Digital Ocean, simple and cheap.
NS works like a charm on it.

It’s been quite some time since this discussion started. @jackyes, are you still using Contabo? What is your experience with this provider? Any (unexpected) downltime? Low performance?
I am curious since I would like to consider switching.

Sorry for the delay, no problem with contabo :slight_smile:

I alsoi purchased a contabo VPS: SSD M with 12GB memory, 4 cores and 300GB SSD… EUR9,- / month.

1 Like

try vpsdime.com

I’m using Contabo VPS for mail and Nextcloud. No problem for now.

After a few re-installation I succeed to build a stable a Nethserver 7 on top of Centos 7.4 at Scaleway on a 1-S

CPU: 2 x86-64
RAM: 2 GB
HD: 50 GB NVMe
Bandwith: 200 Mbits/s
Transfert: illimited
PRICE: €3.99/mo

works fine if :

1. disable selinux
  2. yum update -y
  3. password root
  4. reboot

than install nethserver

1 Like

the cheapest vps for nethserver

have a look at hetzner.com
it is a germany based company, an also has very affordable servers in finland

1 Like

Hi, I’ve installed nethserver on the same scaleway vps, but at reboot sshd is dead, so I can’t connect through, have you had this issue ?