Can't install php-pear

Loaded plugins: changelog, nethserver_events
Repository packages-microsoft-com-prod is listed more than once in the configuration
Package matching php-gd-5.4.16-48.el7.x86_64 already installed. Checking for update.
No package service available.
Package httpd-2.4.6-98.el7.centos.7.x86_64 already installed and latest version
No package restart available.
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package php-pear.noarch 1:1.9.4-23.el7_9 will be installed
--> Processing Dependency: php-posix for package: 1:php-pear-1.9.4-23.el7_9.noarch
---> Package php-pear-DB.noarch 0:1.7.14-6.el7 will be installed
--> Running transaction check
---> Package php-process.x86_64 0:5.4.16-48.el7 will be installed
--> Processing Dependency: php-common(x86-64) = 5.4.16-48.el7 for package: php-process-5.4.16-48.el7.x86_64
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Package: php-process-5.4.16-48.el7.x86_64 (ce-base)
           Requires: php-common(x86-64) = 5.4.16-48.el7
           Installed: php-common-5.6.40-36.el7.remi.x86_64 (@remi-php56)
               php-common(x86-64) = 5.6.40-36.el7.remi
           Available: php-common-5.4.16-48.el7.x86_64 (ce-base)
               php-common(x86-64) = 5.4.16-48.el7
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

I am getting this error when I write the command below;

yum install php-pear php-gd php-pear-DB -y service httpd restart              

Can anybody please help? Thank you.

Hi and welcome!

Are you trying to upgrade the stock 5.6 version? If so, please don’t, for that is EOL. Please use a virtual host and PHP 8.x available as a module.

HTH

1 Like

Hi, thank you so much. I have switched to php 8.0 but I still can’t install php-pear.

Error: Package: php-intl-8.0.28-4.el7.remi.x86_64 (remi-php80)                                                                                            
           Requires: libicudata.so.72()(64bit)                                                                                                            
           Requires: libicuio.so.72()(64bit)                                                                                                              
           Requires: libicui18n.so.72()(64bit)                                                                                                            
           Requires: libicuuc.so.72()(64bit)                                                                                                              
Error: Package: nethserver-roundcubemail-1.5.1-1.ns7.noarch (@nethserver-updates)                                                                         
           Requires: php-mysql                                                                                                                            
           Removing: php-mysqlnd-5.6.40-36.el7.remi.x86_64 (@remi-php56)                                                                                  
               php-mysql = 5.6.40-36.el7.remi                                                                                                             
           Updated By: php-mysqlnd-8.0.28-4.el7.remi.x86_64 (remi-php80)                                                                                  
               Not found                                                                                                                                  
           Available: php-mysql-5.4.16-48.el7.x86_64 (ce-base)                                                                                            
               php-mysql = 5.4.16-48.el7                                                                                                                  
           Available: php-mysqlnd-5.4.16-48.el7.x86_64 (ce-base)                                                                                          
           Available: php-pecl-mysql-1.0.0-0.24.20201210.6ca4fa4.el7.remi.8.0.x86_64 (remi-php80)                                                         
               php-mysql = 1:1.0.0                                                                                                                        
           Available: php-mysqlnd-8.0.28-1.el7.remi.x86_64 (remi-php80)                                                                                   
               Not found                                                                                                                                  
Error: Package: nethserver-samba-audit-1.3.2-1.ns7.noarch (@nethserver-updates)                                                                           
           Requires: php-mysql                                                                                                                            
           Removing: php-mysqlnd-5.6.40-36.el7.remi.x86_64 (@remi-php56)                                                                                  
               php-mysql = 5.6.40-36.el7.remi
           Updated By: php-mysqlnd-8.0.28-4.el7.remi.x86_64 (remi-php80)
               Not found
           Available: php-mysql-5.4.16-48.el7.x86_64 (ce-base)
           Available: php-mysqlnd-5.4.16-48.el7.x86_64 (ce-base)
           Available: php-pecl-mysql-1.0.0-0.24.20201210.6ca4fa4.el7.remi.8.0.x86_64 (remi-php80)
               php-mysql = 1:1.0.0
           Available: php-mysqlnd-8.0.28-1.el7.remi.x86_64 (remi-php80)
               Not found

Can you (high level) sum up your setup and what you want to achieve. What did you install (also php and how). I’m sure we can get this going, for I sense it is a matter of using the right commands and repo’s.

1 Like

And @stephdl would be the guru on this…

1 Like

you have updated php from @remi-php56 , hard time for you

try to add --enablerepo=remi-php56

2 Likes

I have updated the php to 8.0 and I am trying to install php-pear module to my php installation. I think it’s been a long time since I updated to php 8.0, I can’t remember what I used to update. Also @stephdl I added the --enablerepo=remi-php56 but I still get the same error. Thank you both again.

So it looks like that you have upgraded the stock PHP version from 5.4 to 5.6 and then again from 5.6 to 8.0 right?

You may need to revert that for we leave the stock components of the distribution as they are for compatibility reasons regarding support and updates. If you HAVE to or need a higher version, it is done via modules that can be use via the CLI with a special command to invoke the higher PHP version, or use cockpit to create a virtual host and select the desired PHP version.

Then you have to install or proxy the application that requires the higher PHP version to that newly created virtual host.

It seems now that you have tried to do a lot of manual tinkering as SU and directly to the stock NS7 components. That will break NS7.

1 Like

Yeah, I really screwed up the nethserver configurations. Still trying to solve this problem.

Damn I just wanted to install a single php module.

I recommend to do a snapshot/backup before.

To remove the packages (from a thread with a similar issue):

This one should install missing NethServer packages:

yum update @nethserver-iso
3 Likes

I hear ya, please follow the advise of @mrmarkuz and try to achieve a stable status that is up to par. THEN start reading how to use specific PHP versions and associated extra modules with virtual hosts and SCL.

Your thinking was good, but you forgot about NS7 :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you all so much, now I need to figure out how to install the module to php80. Succesfully installed to php56.

1 Like

The NethServer webserver app that supports PHP8 is explained here.
php-pear installation (PHP5.4) from base repo should work now too.
Latest php-pear is for PHP 7.3: rh-php73-php-pear

2 Likes

Ohh okay, thank you.