Cannot Login Mariadb105 after update using phpmyadmin

NethServer Version: 7.9.2009

Hi All

After the update which involved installing mariadb105 I can no longer connect to mariadb using phpmyadmin. The old mariadb is still present and I can login into it. I would like to move my other databases to the new version. I checked using nextcloud and it show mariadb105 is being used.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Screenshot added.

regards
Ken

It is using a different socket than before. You might have to edit /etc/phpMyAdmin/config.inc.php accordingly. Remember the file is generated from templates.
socket at localhost: /run/rh-mariadb105-mariadb/nextcloud-mysql.sock

https://docs.phpmyadmin.net/en/latest/config.html

Example on how to use multiple servers (and/or sockets I guess):
https://docs.phpmyadmin.net/hu/latest/config.html?highlight=multiple#example-for-using-multiple-mysql-servers
cc/ maybe @stephdl has some other advice.

1 Like

Thanks Marc.

I updated /etc/phpMyAdmin/config.inc.php as I had originally installed mariadb103 and it was pointing to that even though I had uninstalled it. Still no change. I still get the Connection for controluser as defined in your configuration failed message.

regards
Ken

Well rhmariad105 is not running it is only a specific another server of the systemd mariadb105

Systemd is really flexible. I planned to make a contrib of mariadb105 but no time yet

you will need your own scripts for backup and restoration

Hi Stephane
Thank you. I have my own scripts to backup and restore. My issue has been that I can not connect to mariadb105 using phpmyadmin. I can connect using /opt/rh/rh-mariadb105/root/bin/mysql --socket="/var/run/rh-mariadb105-mariadb/nextcloud-mysql.sock". Is this install of mariadb105 just for nextcloud or can it be used as the general db for websites etc?
regards
Ken

Obviously we could use it for other website but we need some works for it. If you want to see the amount of work check my mariadb contrib in my github, another idea could be to do like nextcloud, one mariadb server per website

Thank you for your help. I have some thinking to do on how I will proceed.

1 Like