Can Collabora Online be used with Nextcloud for Document Editing?

Hello @support_team,

I’m currently using OnlyOffice app in my Nextcloud for online document editing. I’m interested in testing Collabora in Nextcloud. I’ve tired installing Collabora Online app in Nextcloud but was never able to get Collabora to work in Nextcloud to edit my documents.

But now I see that Nethserver also has a Collabora Online (CODE). What is this application for? I’ve read the document - https://docs.nethserver.org/en/v7/collabora.html which tells me about how to install it. Seeing as it’s in the Software Center I’m assuming I can simply install it from there instead.

But what does this app do in Nethserver? I know Collabora is an online document editor but if I install it in Nethserver, what will it allow me to do? Can I point my Nextcloud to use the Nethserver Collabora Online and edit documents?

Any advice or direction you can provide me would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, from the docs:

Collabora Online will be automatically enabled in Nextcloud if the package nethserver-nextcloud is present when the virtual host is configured,

2 Likes

I am using Collabora Online-Nextcloud-WebTop combination.

2 Likes

AFAIK Webtop supports onlyoffice only but I can’t reach sonicle.com to check…

2 Likes

Yes, in this way.
And WebTop - Nextcloud w/o 2FA for Nextcloud. :disappointed:

2 Likes

Hello @mrmarkuz,

Thanks very much for this reply. What needs to be added to /usr/share/nextcloud/config/config.php to make this work? I’m not understanding what needs to be added and exactly to where in either Nethserver or in Nextcloud to make Collabora work in Nextcloud.

Thanks!