NethServer Version: 7.6.1810
Module: BackupPC from Stephdl wiki page updated to Backup-4.3.0
All is working well but I have some questions about pre/post-restore-[config | data].
- I am restoring from the CLI on the BackuPC host server.
- The tar file excludes: /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts, /boot and /etc/fstab
- I send the key to remote
- I send pre-restore-config and check if it had success.
- I send pre-restore-data and check if it had success.
- I send command to remote to cd to / and to untar:
command used: ssh -p nnnn root@DESTINATION-ip “cd / && /bin/tar -xvv” < source.tar
- At the end of the tar file, I receive the message: /bin/tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors.
If tar exit with that error, I loose ssh connection with DESTINATION as it now uses the SOURCE ssh key instead of the original DESTINATION ssh key used before the restoration.
- On the DESTINATION server console:
- /sbin/e-smith/signal-event post-restore-config
- /sbin/e-smith/signal-event post-restore-data
- /sbin/e-smith/signal-event nethserver-ntp-update
(because without that command, the time is the same as the SOURCE tar file time and DESTINATION server will generate sync command to get to the exact time)
When the server comes back from the boot, all is exactly like the SOURCE server with the Let’s Encrypt certificate, web sites, etc… All is working correctly.
Do I need to send pre-restore-config and pre-restore-data?
- It looks like pre-restore-config doesn’t do nothing. Also, without having at least one backup-config you cannot use this command.
- No problem at all with pre-restore-data.
Do I need to use post-restore-config --no-reinstall to disable package reinstall during restore?
One shot command
- Is there a way to send all the commands in one shot to DESTINATION from the CLI of the BackupPC?
That way I won’t have to use the DESTINATION server console which sometime might be unavailable if in a remote site.
Something like this:
ssh -p nnnn root@DESTINATION-IP \
"cd / && /bin/tar -xvv; \
/sbin/e-smith/signal-event post-restore-config; \
/sbin/e-smith/signal-event nethserver-ntp-update; \
" < source.tar
For that one shot command, I will have to solve the tar error message…
All suggestions appreciated,