Backup data are stored as - mount action error

NethServer Version: 7.3.1611
Module: BackupData

Hi, ehm, sry! But I’ve a share on my little banana-PI and thereon a share with allot of data…

And now I wana just be 100% sure, that the Backup Data on the same share will not delete or do other bad things to my data. Yes, of course I could backup these data first - but for that I have to leave my place at the warm oven and have to go in the cold cold cellar…

Thx

martin

Moin Maddin,

what is the problem for the NS backup to create a new share?
Please note that RC is not final.

Regards

Uwe

Moin Uwe,

normally not - but I forgot to say, that my last configuring a share is 1,5 years ago. And as i remember there is also to do some user, user-groups etc. and me and terminal…

So I thought it would be something useful to know, what’s happens to the chosen share :slight_smile:

But if my question is so stupid - I go creating a new share.

Martin

Hi All,

now I’ve a new share but also the next problem:

backup-data.log:

2016-12-31 18:03:18 - START - Backup data started
 2016-12-31 18:03:24 - STEP - pre-backup-done done
 2016-12-31 18:03:25 - ERROR - Backup failed, see /var/log/last-backup.log for details - 13312 2016-12-31 
18:03:25 - ERROR - Action backup-data-duplicity failed - 1

last-backup.log

Reading globbing filelist /tmp/i7fvsAufnv
Giving up after 1 attempts. OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/mnt/backup/central’

thx for help

martin

Hi @maddin.
I am sorry for the late reply. :sweat:

I see that you nethserver ip 192.168.1.1 , the backup folder is on 192.168.178.36 (different network). are you sure it is accessible from nethserver? you can not mount the share on which to store data

1 Like

Hi @enzoturri

better late than never…thx!

No, I’m not sure if I can mnt it through firewall! I’ll give my best to test manually.

But I remembered that I can’t create a directory in /mnt/backup/ with user root. Directly under /mnt/ no problem.

And thank you for your comprehension - beneath my bad English you have to handle my second problem, - my knowledge in linux:D.

thx

martin

1 Like

Try with:
umount /mnt/backup/
and
/etc/e-smith/events/actions/mount-cifs

which errors do you see?

1 Like

hi, @alefattorini,

done - without error - or does I have to look in some *.log?!

Under WIN 10 I’m able to create a directory on the share

martin

Sorry for the stupid question but Windows 10 uses the user “nsbackup”?

hi,

and yes, I connect with the user nsbackup.

martin

After you type the command

/etc/e-smith/events/actions/mount-cifs

if you type

mount

you see in the list the /mnt/backup?

In one case, I had to specify in addition to the backup user, the name of domain/name pc destination.

where pc-vtur is the name of destination pc.

Hi,

for me it seems ok!?

//192.168.178.36/nsbackup on /mnt/backup type cifs (rw,relatime,vers=1.0,cache=strict,username=nsbackup,domain=LEMAKER,uid=0,noforceuid,gid=0,noforcegid,addr=192.168.178.36,file_mode=0755,dir_mode=0755,nounix,serverino,mapposix,rsize=61440,wsize=65536,echo_interval=60,actimeo=1)

But, I’m not sure who is the owner of the share - thought it’s the user nsbackup…I trie to find out´!

martin

hi @enzoturri

nsbackup is owner and I tried out to use the domain in addition to the user(“nsbackup,domain=LEMAKER”) - no success.

Any idea what I can do wrong?

Thx

martin

Can you try with a different shared folder?

Hi Alessio,

At the moment I have the same problem when I mount the share manually, I read about it and I think it’s a centos 7 issue!

Sry, family and work took my time… I will try to find out soon as possible.

Martin

Von einem Wurstfinger ungeeigneten Gerät gesendet.

-------- Originalnachricht --------

hi,

Last backup
Result
SUCCESS
Start time
2017-02-05 19:32

Well, I had to assign the write permission to all users.

As I said, under WIn 10 I used the samba share without problems by the user nsbackup!?

But for me it’s ok now.

Thx for your time.

Martin

2 Likes