Backup And Restore to another server

**NethServer Version: 7
Module: Backup and Restore

Hi,

Please help me with Backup and Restore I’m explaining my scenerio -

Nethserver is running in production
One user has deleted his all the files on nextcloud and he is requestion us to restore backup of 7 days back but if i will restore 7 days back up then all other user’s data wil be lost .

So i’m thinking to restore backup on another server is this possible ? if yes how if not is their anyway i can solve this issue .

Thank you so much in advanced .

If you only need the data of a backup then it should be possible to get it back by simply restoring the nextcloud data of that account from a specific backup.
The nextcloud data directory is found at /var/lib/nethserver/nextcloud/[username]/files/

Have a look at the admin guide how to restore a specific (set of) data: https://docs.nethserver.org/en/v7/backup.html#selective-restore-of-files

1 Like

Hi
I have restored byt still data is not visible under user login

hi .

can anyone please help me ?

And he doesn’t have any backup? And this is your problem?

But he should be able to log into the Nextcloud web UI and pull the previous versions from there–nothing for you to do.

i’m asking for solutions coz this happened in my organization and i have to restore his data, please let me know if any solution or anyway i can restore his data.

What is m job or what is not my job please don’t suggest me.

from where in nextcloud user can pull previous version can you plese tell me ?

I was thinking versions, but turns out there’s a better answer:

thanks dan i know that. but he has deleted from deleted files also.

You may try to rescan the files to make them available in Nextcloud:

sudo -u apache /opt/rh/rh-php73/root/usr/bin/php -d memory_limit=512M /usr/share/nextcloud/occ files:scan

2 Likes

Nextcloud only shows the files if they are in the database. If you just copy files to the nextcloud user files location, they don’t show in nextcloud, but they are there.

You can have a look at the nextcloud help about occ (nextcloud commandline tool): https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/13.0.0/admin_manual/configuration_server/occ_command.html

the command occ files:scan can be made user specific (just for 1 user) if you add --username:
occ files:scan --username
Especially with a lot of users this can be more convenient.

1 Like