AutoConfig client as an optional module for Email

Should be nice to have this kind of feature available…

1 Like

It is available, just not as an “official” module.

Should be! Your job is amazing.

Thanks, but there’s really quite a bit of work left–I got it to the point where it did what I needed it to do and stopped. The remaining issues that I can think of are:

• Get the LDAP connection working (both with OpenLDAP and AD) to pull the user’s full name from the server
  • Figure out why the signed .mobileconfig files don’t include the intermediate certificate (which causes errors trying to import them on iOS devices)
  • Come up with a server-manager panel to control it

On the first, I’ve had this issue open on GitHub for over a year, but being a complete n00b to Python haven’t been able to get very far. I’ve poked into the second a little bit but honestly don’t remember what was going on there; I haven’t touched the third issue at all yet.

Edit: Of course, a PR is always welcome:

1 Like

Is there a new state or any progress?

Caution: This module is in a pre-beta state.

Is this how-to still up-to-date and usable?

Sincerely, Marko

I haven’t had a whole lot of feedback on it, but it’s working fine for me. The upstream software project is orphaned, though–it’s been replaced by automx2:
https://gitlab.com/automx/automx2

Automx2 has a very similar function, but works very differently under the hood, and depends on Python 3.8, so I haven’t looked further into integrating it into Neth.

4 Likes