I’ve installed Nethserver 7 rc2 on a virtual machine. I have one NIC (green) on Nethserver. I’ve installed Samba Active Directory and set it up as per this post - https://thingsdomakesense.wordpress.com/2016/11/11/nethserver-7-rc2-installing-samba-active-directory/.
My IP of my Nethserver is:
My IP of my AD on Nethserver is:
I have a physical server (Untangle) as my firewall and DHCP and DNS server. It has an IP of 192.168.2.1. I will not be removing this physical server.
With the setup I’ve explained above, what do I need to install from the Software Center so that my Nethserver will do the following:
- Primary Domain Controller
- Does installing the Samba Active Directory give me the ability to be a domain controller or do I need to install more? Or would following this post and installing File Server work on Nethserver 7 RC2 - http://gamblisfx.com/how-to-create-a-primary-domain-controller-on-nethserver-6-6/
- I want startup scripts to be run when a domain computer is logging in. When I had used Zentyal we could add .bat files for each user. How do I do that in Nethserver.
- I also want each user to have their own personal drive to store data on when they are domain connected. What do I install for that ability?
- I’m then looking to be able to use Nethserver to allow/disallow access to the Internet for all Domain and Non-Domain computers in our office. A small number of computers will be connected to the Nethserver domain…but other standalone workstations (shared by many people) do not need to be on the domain sot hey will be workgroup computers. I will be pointing all devices in our office to Nethserver for DHCP and DNS and want to be able to have Nethserver allow or reject access to the Internet based on the devices IP address. How can I set this up?