Add and Share USB Printer/Scanner

NethServer Version: 7
Recently I brought Brother DCP-T220 USB Multi function Print/Scan/Copy, then setup CUPS for printer that working fine (Thankful) as CUPS not printed from other computer mention.
But for Scanner feature, How can I setup for use it (Both NS and Client)
Chartree…

could you explain how you are wanting the scanner feature to work as in are you wanting it to be used with a sane backend for the server and certain software on the client

IF the above scenario is what you wanted my guess would be the lack of scanner driver for centos which would need to be built for information purposes heres a how to if i remember correctly it’s for debian but it’s a good starting place Packaging Brother printer drivers - ArchWiki

I install sane backend.on Nethserver and try to see status by

sane-find-scanner

found USB scanner (vendor=0x04f9 [Brother], product=0x0474 [DCP-T220]) at libusb:003:004

Then I try

scanimage -L

No scanners were identified. If you were expecting something different,
check that the scanner is plugged in, turned on and detected by the
sane-find-scanner tool (if appropriate). Please read the documentation
which came with this software (README, FAQ, manpages).

Do I need to mount scanner device?

Gold hint for buying Brother Devices (which are, IMVHO quite nice): double check for at least LAN capability and FTP scan feature.
Pay now, keep… A lot. Because raising an in-home FTP server is always better than rely on SMBs “waltzer” from Samba and Microsoft.

Did you install a scanner driver?

@mrmarkuz Yes I do Scanner driver install and Reboot NS.
command scanimage -L couldn’t found scanner device, but command sane-find-scanner can see.

I don’t know what’s to do next ? :slight_smile:

I remember from when I set up my HP AIO it had something to do with enabling the correctly named scanner option in a config file somewhere take a look at how it works for HP Configuring Xsane to work with a networked HP Printer - CentOS solution shouldn’t be to much different with the brother see here for some info on brother scanning in general with CentOS [SOLVED] Ancient Brother MFC - cannot scan on CentOS 7

1 Like