Activating Nextcloud calendar leads to mysql-error

Nethserver 7.9.2009
Nextcloud 20.0.8

When I try to activate app calendar 3.0.6 through nextcloud web-interface I get the following MySQL-error:

An exception occurred while executing 'SELECT DISTINCT k.CONSTRAINT_NAME, k.COLUMN_NAME, k.REFERENCED_TABLE_NAME, k.REFERENCED_COLUMN_NAME /*!50116 , c.update_rule, c.delete_rule */ FROM information_schema.key_column_usage k /*!50116 INNER JOIN information_schema.referential_constraints c ON c.constraint_name = k.constraint_name AND c.table_name = 'oc_documents_op' */ WHERE k.table_name = 'oc_documents_op' AND k.table_schema = 'nextcloud' /*!50116 AND c.constraint_schema = 'nextcloud' */ AND k.REFERENCED_COLUMN_NAME is not NULL': SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away

I would be very grateful for some advice for next steps of troubleshooting. Thanks a lot!

I found a related issue, did you open it?

The current NethServer Nextcloud version is 23.0.8, if itā€™s not a typo please update your NethServer.

Does the NethServer have enough RAM?

Thank you for the extremely fast feedback!

Yes, I opened exactly that issue.

I remember the problem occured first when I tried to upgrade Nextcloud using Migration scripts.

NethServer uses about 1.3 GB out of 4.

NethServer Nextcloud 20.0.8 uses the old mariadb 5 database engine, the more recent mariadb 10 was introduced with Neth Nextcloud 21.

I think you donā€™t need the scripts, because itā€™s just an update from 20 to 21. It should be possible to update in Software Center.

OK, so RAM shouldnā€™t be an issue.

It should be possible to update in Software Center.

Software Center says that I can update to nethserver-nextcloud 1.19.7 from 1.16.6-1.ns7 current. Are you sure thatā€™s an update from Nextcloud 20 to 21 - from one major release to the following?

You are right. Thatā€™s an update from 20 to 23. You need to update on command line:

Update to 20.0.9:

yum update nethserver-nextcloud-1.16.7-1.ns7

Update to 21.0.3:

yum update nethserver-nextcloud-1.17.1-1.ns7

Update to 22.1.1:

yum update nethserver-nextcloud-1.18.0-1.ns7

Now you can update from Software Center.

1 Like

To downgrade to the next major version (NC 21.0.3):

yum downgrade nethserver-nextcloud-1.17.1-1.ns7

1 Like

Thanks, I will try these commands gradually.

1 Like

All theses commands worked without errors. Thank you.

But now web-interface says, that nextcloud will be updated to 23.0.8 and when I start the update, it shows

Exception: Updates between multiple major versions and downgrades are unsupported.

Is there a configfile, where I have to change a nextcloud versionnumber manually, too?

nextcloud config.php says ā€˜versionā€™ => ā€˜20.0.8.1ā€™,

No, thatā€™s another method.

What version do you have installed now?

rpm -qa nethserver-nextcloud

I think you just need to update step by step as described here:

I did that.

Now I have installed

nethserver-nextcloud-1.19.7-1.ns7.noarch

What about replacing 'versionā€™ => ā€˜20.0.8.1ā€™ with ā€˜versionā€™ => ā€˜23.0.8ā€™ in config.php?

I donā€™t know why the version isnā€™t raised after the step-by-step updates. Did you miss a step?
If you have a backup you could also try the b) method in the wiki but thereā€™s a db migration from 20 to 21 that may cause issues.

Maybe start again with version 20:

yum downgrade nethserver-nextcloud-1.16.7-1.ns7

No, I did every step and anything worked without an error.

Does the new db exist?

[root@server2 ~]# /opt/rh/rh-mariadb105/root/bin/mysqlshow --socket=/var/run/rh-mariadb105-mariadb/nextcloud-mysql.sock
+--------------------+
|     Databases      |
+--------------------+
| information_schema |
| mysql              |
| nextcloud          |
| performance_schema |
+--------------------+

Letā€™s check the old db too:

mysqlshow

Yes, it looks like yours and mysqlshow shows

+--------------------+
|     Databases      |
+--------------------+
| information_schema |
| mysql              |
| nextcloud          |
| oscdb              |
| performance_schema |
| roundcubemail      |
+--------------------+

Usually when the DB is migrated the old DB should be deleted. Maybe something went wrong during db migration.
Iā€™m going to try to reproduce itā€¦

For Reproduction: I did not the downgrade so far, Iā€™m still at
nethserver-nextcloud-1.19.7-1.ns7.noarch