A/V problems (...) with current ejabberd version from NethServer

I have A/V problems with current ejabberd version from NethServer

Can you look the problem?

I think it is a not update problem.

Several posts have been closed, not easy to talk here.

No, because you’ve told us nothing about the problem.

Then why have you posted this in the Feature category (where it was when I started this reply, even if it’s now been changed), and given a link to the upgrade announcement?

…because you just won’t listen, and keep asking for the same things over and over again. You’ve been told no repeatedly, and it’s been explained to you why you won’t get what you’re asking for, but you keep asking as though the prior discussion had never happened. It gets frustrating for me, and I don’t even see the GitHub traffic.

Just on this particular issue:
Your GitHub issue: Please update ejabberd
devs: Not unless it’s a security issue. Closed.
You: But there are bugs.
devs: Not security bugs. Closed.
You here: Please update ejabberd
@dnutan: You’ve already been told no, and why not. Closed.
You in this thread, which you posted as a feature request: I’m having problems (about which I’ll give zero information) with the current ejabberd, I don’t think it’s an update problem, but here’s the link to the update anyway.

I don’t think you’re a troll, but I don’t know what else to think. Should I conclude that you just don’t have the English reading comprehension necessary to understand what pretty much everyone is telling you? Or that you aren’t comfortable enough writing in English to explain yourself? Perhaps that you’re a child, and need to be quiet when the grown-ups are talking (at least until you’re able to act like one yourself)? Or something else?

Well, if you mean it isn’t easy to toss out a couple of sentences without giving any thought to them, and have people interact with you seriously, you’re right. That isn’t a bug, it’s a feature. But if you think it’s difficult to have a serious discussion here, how would you know? You haven’t yet tried.

Yes, I’m being blunt. No, I’m not being patient. There’s a reason for that: you know better. If you’re really having a problem, you know what kind of information is needed to help you. If you want a new feature or a new package, you know how to get more traction in that request. If you continue as you have been, I expect you’re going to be ignored by most, and possibly have moderation action taken against you.

5 Likes

A big thank you neustradamus, I own you my personal English lesson because I learnt new world. I am fond of reading English in the mother tongue

Perhaps that you’re a child, and need to be quiet when the grown-ups are talking (at least until you’re able to act like one yourself)?

ROFL!

Stay safe and have a nice weekend.

1 Like