A look at Nethservangelization for my people

Hello my tribe . Greetings from the Patria Grande.

In this mission I encourage polytheism on GNU/Linux world and meet some other deity than …

the “God deb” :volcano:

For this I have invited tutors and educators around the School Intranet project to find a common platform for control and monitoring of our actions in this regard.

This time I chose Taiga.io .

This free and open source platform allows a harmonious meeting between programmers and non-programmers (those normal people) where we can integrate multiple services and applications to enrich the interaction of these two worlds for development of software.

I share some images of How 's it going? :upside_down: And well … it might be good to try Taiga in NS

Translation:

School Intranet :: Public project

The initiative of school intranet has several models applied on our planet.

In research we have found a community that supports a software distribution of an operating system for servers called Nethserver served by the company Nethesis in Italy.

On this site a space that relates to this distribution with adjustments to dedicate to schools, and to build together a global model that is easily scalable and adaptable to the needs of each region opened.

Share the link to the description of our project in that community, which also Venezuelan and Latin American involved.

We are here Taiga

Upon returning from my trip I start with the issue of SSO, brother @robb

Regards

6 Likes

Ehi @apradoc great to hear about your NethEvangelization!
I’m sure that @davidep can help with some hints about Taiga on NethServer.
Do we need to use docker here?

Anyway, keep up with the good work! I’m keen to know how this project goes on

1 Like

I’m running a dockerized Taiga instance… on Atomic OS :smile:

We could run Taiga on ns7, too!

2 Likes

In Caracas we say : ¡Más fiiino! :sunglasses:

Our latinoamerican brother @drivemeca has a pin back to his blog from our public taiga.

Nethservangelization underway:calendar: :satellite:

2 Likes

Hi Apradoc, guys,

Great work with Taiga !!!, thanks for the ping back to my blog.
Something far, but still via email.
Good work again

2 Likes

I’m Happy Oh! so happy :upside_down: with my little new server Dell Vostro 220, 2 x Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20GHz

¡Más fiiino! :sunglasses:
Now begins this beautiful and interesting mission with this great tribe.

3 Likes

Great! Just for test or are you planning to put it in production?

1 Like

Oh! :eyes: Of course. I want to put it in production. It’s a great opportunity in my life! … serious!

I have begun to install modules. Among those today I installed samba but not redefined the admin password, because I was to go to a meeting.

In the afternoon I could not access from ssh or charge the webgui. I guess in our knowledge base should be information about it but right now I must be another matter. ( :zipper_mouth: I 'm just here! Nethservangelized )

I followed to install:

• Chamilo
  • Jokte
  • Kiwix and
  • Calibre

This installation of NS must then go Proxmox VE with pfSense

The aim is to draw the attention of the tutors , to a simple and robust product at a time. Even taking them out of their comfort zone ( … deb )

If within the universe of 18,000 school servers we manage to have installed 180 NS … or 18! we’d be winning.

A hug tribe

3 Likes

Without having done anything … this morning quite normal:

… Three minutes later, when viewing where samba change the password and then enter the Software Center …

Chromium:

This site can’t be reached192.168.0.101 refused to connect.
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
Reload

Then …

apradoc@nicho:~$ ssh -p 2222 root@192.168.0.101
ssh: connect to host 192.168.0.101 port 2222: Connection refused
apradoc@nicho:~$ ssh -p 22 root@192.168.0.101
ssh: connect to host 192.168.0.101 port 22: Connection refused
apradoc@nicho:~$ ssh root@192.168.0.101
ssh: connect to host 192.168.0.101 port 22: Connection refused
apradoc@nicho:~$ ping 192.168.0.101
PING 192.168.0.101 (192.168.0.101) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 192.168.0.101: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=5.95 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.0.101: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=7.35 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.0.101: icmp_seq=3 ttl=64 time=5.45 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.0.101: icmp_seq=4 ttl=64 time=137 ms
^C
--- 192.168.0.101 ping statistics ---
4 packets transmitted, 4 received, 0% packet loss, time 3003ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 5.458/39.158/137.868/56.994 ms`

:rolling_eyes:

What??? :fearful: :fearful: :fearful:

How are you tackling this challenge? Please share, many people will be interested in, definitely.

1 Like

Hello cacique @alefattorini

I’ve been reviewing our knowledge base , the forum, the wiki … And so I resolved! :sunglasses:

I am interested in riding on my NS a project that I check in Joomla 3, but the database gives me an error with the character set when i try to import it from PHPmyAdmin. I’ll import via cli. No problem for me.

The matter is that the vast community of tutors CBITs require PHPmyAdmin updated version (has been quite out of their ‘deb’ comfort zone) . Which is present in our repositories is 3.5.8.2 when the latter is 4.6.1.

I have reviewed our knowledge base but I have not gotten any item related to update PHPmyAdmin in NS 6.7

I appreciate the help you can give us

NethServer 7 or SCL are the right way

1 Like

About SCL (Software Collections)

2 Likes

About some notes:

Really is a problem from my other team, that give me a database with utf8mb4_general_ci collation, only compatible with Mysql +5.5.3.

This and that … Go ahead. Make my day! :clapper: … and then

… mysql55
… and Adrian and his small server they lived very happily

With The Software Collections ( SCL ) Repository that is ready, I hope that the limiting factor is just the Mysql version.

Within 13 hours I continue playing with NS and Chamilo

Greetings tribe!

@apradoc
So we are in our deb comfort zone?! :no_mouth: :no_mouth: :no_mouth:

Well that really its the case. There is so much to learn and so little time…

1 Like

Hey Adrian @apradoc I was reading about https://www.docker.com/what-docker and I wonder which you guys is working with proxmox and NS?! Or Doker?!

Venezuela is Debian territory. You know that brother :wink:

1 Like

I started to work on scl-mysql56 mainly because it is the former version. Do you think it is the right version or i do need to work on scl-mysql55.

I hope that at the end i will propose a specific phpmyadmin for this version (the epel version is destined to mysql51)

With mysql55 or 56 and the last version of php (with scl) I think that almost all web application could be installed on NS67 (waiting the NS7)

1 Like

Greetings Stephane. That’s good news

I suspected from the beginning

I think that we can work with mysql56. The choice of the 5.5 I did it randomly about what I got in the scl.

This contribution is extremely important for tutors, not so much from the operational point of view but from the point of view of using it as an educational resource.

Requirements Chamilo: Apache (2.2+), MySQL 5.1+ (or MariaDB) and PHP 5.4+. Very similar to the CMS Jokte! (However, this consultation is important from the needs of other projects of intranet school: In the case of Xerte, Moodle and others)

It is an excellent resource while we try NS7.2.* Alpha3.

This is great news! :thumbsup:

Hey Tribe! :family:

Just arrive at our village, a peasant who is convinced that Nethserver is an excellent choice for The Schools Intranet.

This week with the help of @yondergb and other tutors, we installed the first server with Nethserver in a school in the greater Caracas,

… while in Delta Amacuro is starting tests thanks to the information and the links we share in our taiga.

Good this is a publication of welcome advance, due to the Nethservangelization that since the tribe have helped me to exercise.

Hugs tribal

2 Likes