2nd Community Meeting at FOSDEM 2017

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a channel though (e.g. we cannot speak).

I will be at the dinner with @pfinardi only. No idea if any one else on BgLUG group will join, will ask and then update here, but I donā€™t expect any other participant.

Good enough, altough having a single room may be best option. I donā€™t think though FOSDEM people will allow that.

Itā€™s quite possible but we have to book it to the venue directly and just for 1 hour or 2. Iā€™d like to have both

Iā€™m a telegram newbie :wink:

I guess invited members can speak tooā€¦ Can you post a join request?

Do you think it is worth keeping the discussion public?

Well, Iā€™ve seen some sort of interest of Neth* people to Telegram, what are you guys up to? :stuck_out_tongue:
No need to answer :wink:

I have already joined, my handle is (just to change a little bit) @syntaxerrormmm :smiley:

It really depends on how you want to manage the group/channel. If you intend it to be a place where you (or people you let) publish announces and notifications for the FOSDEM (or after it, in general on NS) it is fine as it is.

As BgLUG, we ofter split up our physical group of people during FOSDEM (interests are different) and we find it quite appropriate to coordinate on how to meet or share noteworthy (or silly, more often) stuff via a group on an IM platform. Phone calls are not always affordable, since phone roaming tariffs, but considering that FOSDEM has a free WiFi service with near 100% coverage it is much simpler. Plus phone calls arenā€™t always a good choice, since you may disturb a lecture.

Finally the choice is yours, dear Davide :wink: You may have less needs of the last type since you already have Discourse.

2 Likes

Joined the channelā€¦ Looking forward to Fosdem already!

And ofc I will be there saturday evening with my wife at Amadeusā€¦

1 Like

Joined the channel too

2 Likes

plane booked. hoping not to be sick as last year :wink:
and as one year ago, if someone is interested, the day before the fosdem, always in Bruxelles:
https://wiki.centos.org/Events/Dojo/Brussels2017

4 Likes

@davidep and me will be there!

2 Likes

@alefattorini count me for the saturday night at the amadeus, and of course following the conference, I will try to be present at the community event.

2 Likes

We are going to be in Bruxelles in two weeks :grin:
Are you ready folks?

1 Like

AUH! AUH! :grin:

1 Like

Impatient is the right meaning on my side

Counting the days :wink:

If Iā€™m in time, I would add some other people for the NethServer Community Dinner. So, at the end:

• myself (already confirmed)
  • @pfinardi Paolo Finardi (already confirmed)
  • Andrea Laisa (already confirmed)
  • Irene Bravo
  • @enricobacis Enrico Bacis
  • Marco Rosa
  • Dario Bertini
  • Andrea Flori
  • Giuseppe (Andrea F.'s friend)

Quite a bunch of additions, sorry.

1 Like

Any addition is a good addition! Let the community manager do his magic and find enough space for everyone :wink:

All hail the Community Manager. Hail! :wink:

1 Like

Hi to all,
I canā€™t come at Saturday :disappointed_relieved:
Iā€™ll try at Sunday, but I canā€™t promise it.

:grin: I canā€™t wait to meet you man, please letā€™s make it happens

1 Like

I want to meet you too.

1 Like
  • I think we have to organize a meeting at Fosdem with a specific time, what do you think about 11 AM in Cafeteria?

• Iā€™m setting up a new telegram group, feel free to join so we can use it to keep in touch:
    https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAAwdIiPQJO6cJ-sAwQ

Dinner

Just booked 25 persons on Saturday 4 February 2017 at 22:15 to http://amadeus-resto.be/

Iā€™m going to ask for a free room where we can hold some talks between us, Iā€™ll let you know on Saturday morning.

3 Likes