Who want to Convert HowTo from ClearOS to NethServer 7

Sincerely I love all of you and (surtout Alessio) who make an awesome job to make this community possible and vivid.

My hope/idea is to convert this : base on ClearOS and being able to run it into the next NethServer 7

Who’s with me and want to see NethServer here
as an alternative of Google Entreprise Suite …

4 Likes

Sorry for the late response, I like this idea. Many stuff are good to copy or adapt. Who wanna try? @docs_team

Hi @JOduMonT,

Reading the documentation, I understand that WiKiSuite requires php 5.6.
Nethserver 7 running version 5.4.

I think update php create compatibility issues.
Has anyone tried it?

1 Like

IIRC we have rh-php56 in centos-sclo-rh repository!

1 Like

The big hurdle: Kolab leans heavily on cyrus IMAP.
It uses the cyrus IMAP infrastructure to store al kinds of stuff, including (shared) files.

Clearos comes with cyrus-imap;
Nethserver with dovecot, to get full functionality the mail server should be ported to cyrus.

IMO : mission impossible. :sweat:

2 Likes

I never tried it, but I don’t like the word “impossible”. We can say it is hard to do…

At least the cyrus-imapd package, version 2.4.17 comes from the upstream EPEL repository. If it has a good PAM integration it could work almost out-of-the box!

Fair enough

I know it quite well, it has good pam integration. Although it prefers sasl (sasl = cyrus). The really interesting part of cyrus is the a beta with dav integration. And “beta” is good for production but not tested enough for setup with massive amount of accounts.

Dovecot / cyrus IMAP they have there strong points. The storage (and its index database) of cyrus imap is hard to handle.

2 Likes

Just one thing, you never cease to amaze me :grinning:

I like the idea but I don’t like to copy / paste.
We go to ethics problems.

I prefer to get inspire from “How To from ClearOS” in place to copy/paste.

For this reason, I personnally never copy the SME wiki…to fill our wiki. I’m only get inspire…:wink:

Definitely, Inspire is the key here :slight_smile:

Not sure if this will fit here but I have some notes on how to install Syncthing, and csync2 on NS7.
Nothing special, but if there’s any interest I can write something next month.

Sounds interesting, how do you use it?

Csync2 (sort of rsync) to sync files between multiple (2 or more) servers, either in master-slave mode or master-master mode. The good thing is it can run arbitrary commands on the local and/or remote host based on patterns matching synched files. It’s commonly used to sync conf files and restart services to apply the changes.

I was evaluating it to sync user’s files between two nextcloud external storage mounts on remote locations (no time to dive into DRBD), using a cron job. It only pushes changes, but it can be combined with some inotify wrapper or lsyncd.

I use Syncthing from long ago to sync folders on multiple desktop computers in a P2P style. No central server required.

5 Likes

I’m also in this mood
They idea was more to bring Nethserver into this categorie
So what missing is a wiki and a Video/Voice over IP, …
Because NextCloud is good enough to replace Syncthing.

How can we start? I suggest to start from a doc and focus on that

Syncthing works well for me on Nethserver 7

Sound a great news! Would you mind sharing with us some note? We need to help ex ClearOS users

For sure we need to help ClearOS users before they lost hope in CentOS

Might Be a bad Nethserver user
because I did’nt followed HowTo Add a new services
But this is how I did it :wink:

NOTE: I assume your already in a root SSH session

1.1’ Download & Extract Syncthing

The devloppment is very active so please look for the latest version

# adduser syncthing -d /opt/syncthing
su - syncthing
$ wget https://github.com/syncthing/syncthing/releases/download/v0.14.23/syncthing-linux-amd64-v0.14.23.tar.gz
tar -zxvf syncthing-linux-amd64-v0.14.23.tar.gz -C /opt/syncthing --strip-components=1
rm syncthing-linux*.tar.gz
./syncthing &
sleep 10
kill $!
sed -i ‘s/127.0.0.1:8384/0.0.0.0:8384/g’ .config/syncthing/config.xml
exit

1.2’ Create, enable than start the services

# cp /opt/syncthing/etc/linux-systemd/system/syncthing@.service /etc/systemd/system/
sed -i ‘s/ExecStart=/usr/bin/syncthing/ExecStart=/opt/syncthing/syncthing/g’ /etc/systemd/system/syncthing@.service
systemctl enable syncthing@syncthing.service
systemctl start syncthing@syncthing.service

Das ist das ende

This is the end of the SSH session, let’s back into our favorite interface.

To continue I assume you already have the Basic firewall packages
if not, it wasn't the end for you

1.3’ Install Basic Firewall package

yum -y install nethserver-firewall-base

2.1’ Create a service object

2.2’ Create the rule

recommended : to open it only on LAN (GREEN)
but personally when I need the web interface I just redirect it through ssh with -L8384:localhost:8384

2.3’ Enjoy

https://IPNethserver:8384

Are you using this to keep synced multiple shared folders on ClearOS and NethServer?

I get ride of all my ClearOS so no :wink:
But I’m using it between servers and devices

1 Like