WebTop 5 needs testing

I think yes. Because of this I have shown “my steps”.

Give me 5 minutes please.
I will report back.

OK!
Everything’s back to normal!
Thank you!
Back to tests!

1 Like

Thanks Gabriel for your great support!

2 Likes

How can I install if I have Webtop4 installed already?
I uninstalled using the web interface, then on install it errored as webtop4-core, webtop4-lib, webtop4-zpush still installed. I uninstalled manually using yum, and now I get the following error on /webtop;
HTTP Status 500 - java.lang.NullPointerException

Hi,

sry, was away.

And now first - I like webtop - easy, simple just what I need…but:D

At the moment I have a problem to download Language-pack, don’t know why something with DNS? I will give it a try - promised!

OK, I like the cloud, but when I created a link, there is no way to get the link again. So, if I have a file in cloud which I want to send more than one person I have to find the first Email with the link in it.

A post was split to a new topic: [BUG] Cloud: can’t share uploaded resources

• Try to uninstall again WebTop 5 as @giacomo said above:

yum remove nethserver-webtop5 webtop5-core webtop5-libs webtop5-zpush
rm -rf /var/lib/tomcats/webtop

• Check again if WebTop 4 is uninstalled:

yum remove nethserver-webtop4 webtop4-core webtop4-libs webtop4-zpush
( rm -rf /var/lib/tomcats/webtop )

• Reinstall WebTop 5:

yum --enablerepo=nethserver-testing install nethserver-webtop5

• Verify if WebTop 5 it works.

I had already tried that, but I did try again, and same problem.
If it has anything to do with it, I have the following packages installed;
Backup, Email, File Server, MariaDB (MySQL) server, Nextcloud, POP3 connector, and have an LE cert.
I am running on a VM, so I was able to roll it back to a fresh updated install, and it was able to install WebTop5 without issue, but current system cannot. But, then all my email is gone.
I get the following error
HTTP Status 500 - java.lang.NullPointerException

type Exception report

message java.lang.NullPointerException

description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

I think is a major incompatibility between WT 4 and WT 5 (maybe also with Tomcat).

Anyway, the emails should be there even if WebTop can’t start in browser. The emails are not kept by WebTop. After I have reinstalled WebTop 5 (please see my issue from above), all my emails was there.

Of course the emails are not in the new installation, after rollback.

I think is a major incompatibility between WT 4 and WT 5 (maybe also with Tomcat).

Anyway, the emails should be there even if WebTop can’t start in browser. The emails are not kept by WebTop. After I have reinstalled WebTop 5 (please see my issue from above), all my emails was there.

Of course the emails are not in the new installation, after rollback.

But, if WT4 is completely uninstalled, should it not work.
And, that is what I meant, I can’t roll back as emails won’t be there, just testing to see if WT5 would install.
I’m stuck, really want to try WT5 on live system.

Yes, WebTop 4. But beside it, there is also Tomcat and other dependencies. Maybe some of them, as version, are not compatible with the version which came with WebTop 5.

I think basically WebTop 5 can be used on a live system.
Is not finished but can send and receive emails (at least) without issues.

If you need the emails, you can use Thunderbird or other Desktop Email client to download them by IMAP and after rollback and install WebTop 5, you can have them back.
Only if just an issue with the WebTop.

As is written here:

https://nethserver.github.io/webtop5/#roadmap

all basic functions works.

You can read more from the beginning:

https://nethserver.github.io/webtop5

Yes, WebTop 4. But beside it, there is also Tomcat and other dependencies. Maybe some of them, as version, are not compatible with the version which came with WebTop 5.

But, I can roll back this exact same machine to before WebTop 4 was installed and the WebTop5 works.

If you need the emails, you can use Thunderbird or other Desktop Email client to download them by IMAP and after rollback and install WebTop 5, you can have them back.

Yes, I realize that, but I have everything else configured on my server, network shares, NextDrive, email aliases. It is just a test server, but I have setup a lot on it, and I would not want to just start over.

As is written here:

https://nethserver.github.io/webtop5/#roadmap

all basic functions works.

Yes, I want to try it on a live system, MY live system, with all my configuration setup for other apps, my LE cert etc. but I cannot uninstall WT4 and re-install WT5. Surely someone else has done this? No?

I think I read about that but I’m not sure.
Also, I think it was a recommendation to install WT 5 on a system without WT 4.

EDIT:

Found it!

WebTop 5 · Issue #5225 · NethServer/dev · GitHub

( Note: WebTop 5 must conflicts with WebTop4.)

Ok, bummer, looks like I will be starting over from scratch.
I assume that when WT5 goes to release, there will be an upgrade path from WB4?

From Roadmap:

Q1/2017

Publish always up to date source code
Basic developer and user documentation
Translations opened to external contributors using a public tool
Better mail client with improved Sieve filters, folder subscriptions
Migration path from WebTop 4 to WebTop 5

1 Like

Ha, thanks, I should learn to read better.
Maybe I will wait until there is an upgrade path.

But you already have a broken WebTop.
Or you will try to uninstall WT 5 and reinstall WT 4? Maybe will work.

Yes, but I run on a VM, I took a snapshot before trying the upgrade, and just rolled back. I will install a 2nd test VM and check out WT5, it’ll just be harder to test with noone using it.