Sogo default config doesn't work on nethserver 7 beta 2 when using Samba Active Directory

There can be situations where this is not possible/wanted. I’d leave the wheel in the hands of the system administrator.

Perhaps the answer is in the DNS configuration! Can you provide some details of it? What are the containers IP addresses?

I definitely agree! Can we ask that IP address to someone else? DHCP reservation?

Technically the SOGo configuration script does not choose which LDAP server it connects to. It “reads” the URI from the sssd configuration. So if the wrong ldap URI (IP) shows up that was the configuration of SSSD at the time of installing nethserver-sogo. As said before the nethserver-sogo package still has to be improved to reflect changes in the SSSD configuration in sogo.conf.

@davidep, I do not completely understand this. :hushed:

+for SUBEVENT in $(grep -l -R -F NethServer::SSSD /etc/e-smith/events/actions/ /etc/e-smith/templates/ \
+    | xargs -- rpm -qf --queryformat '%{NAME}-update\n' | sort | uniq); do
+    /sbin/e-smith/signal-event $SUBEVENT || (( ERRORS ++ ))

How do I tell SSSD sogo is a SSSD-client? The doc states there is a “new” command : Create a NethServer::SSSD instance. Is this it?
or ?
_Individual services can link themselves to nethserver-sssd-initkeytabs action in the respective -update event._

thnx

I’d expect in the sogo.conf template we find a code like:

use NethServer::SSSD;
my $c = NethServer::SSSD->new();

Thats all nethserver-sssd needs to grep its clients. Please see nethserver-roundcube for a working example:

Thnx and nice!

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Assign IP for Samba AD container manually or automatically?