Sogo 3.x.x released in nethforge-testing

Updated from 3.2.4 to 3.2.6a withoout problems. Only had to restart sogod.
Thanks @stephdl for that!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I would know if you have no problems with sogo, somehow we could release.

2 Likes

At this time we only use the calendar. The installation with

yum --enablerepo=nethforge-testing update

runs quiet good, more results later.

Hi,

here SOGo 3.2.6a works like a lame duck. If i want to switch from Mail to Calendar or Adressbook, i must wait 30 seconds or longer for reaction. I cant believe that this is normal.

My Hardware: Fujitsu TX100S1 with 8 GB RAM

Regards

Uwe

Nothing related in log when your server is waiting after sogo ?

what is the load of your server, what are the bad processes, use htop

i also use Sogo 3.26a for a week now and have no problems. Only the Mailadress for sending emails was a problem when sending emails from an activesync device or outlook. i fixed that with a workaround for postfix.

Ok can you write some documentations, we should start a community page on the wiki for SOGo. Really your help is appreciated.

Hi@stephdl,

and a big sorry for the late answer. There was nothing in message log and also nothing in sogo log.
I have moved SOGo from the system yesterday. Now roundcube is running and it works good for me.

Regards

Uwe

Hi @hucky we need to know what you fixed and How ?
thank in advance.

I can’t confirm this. My SOGo is working good on a VM in NS6.8 with only 4 GB on a TX100S3.
Switch from calendar to addressbook within a second.

1 Like

Moin Ralf,

I have tried here Nethserver 7.3 Final with SOGo 3.2.6a as VM and also on the described real hardware. The described behavior is the same for both variants.

Regards

Uwe

Hi Uwe,
Sorry, maybe my post was unclear. My VM is also a NS7-final installation migrated from RC4.1 with SOGo 3.2.6a. I use virtualbox on the TX100S3 with NS6.8 installed.
What migration path do you have?

Hi Ralf,

i have the same Migration path. I will test now with a fresh Final on my Hyper V 2008 R2.

Sogo released in nethforge, you should not need anymore to restart the sogod service, the process is automatic.

1 Like

sogo 3.2.6a on a vm with 10 GB of ram and 220 users… no issue… please be sure not to have squid/proxy enabled

1 Like

sogo-3.2.7 in nethforge-testing

• for a first install

yum install nethserver-sogo --enablerepo=nethforge-testing

• for an upgrade

yum update sogo\* sope\* --enablerepo=nethforge-testing

2 Likes

That’s a great news. Ehi @transocean @quality_team @hucky @mark_nl @asl @frx44 could you help that guy? :pray:

No problem. I will test it tomorrow with a fresh installation of NS7 Final on my Hyper-V Server.

Regards

Uwe

1 Like

have update it yesterday and it seems ok

2 Likes

Hi @ all,

I installed NS 7 as a virtual machine with four virtual processors and 8 GB RAM. As an account provider, I use LDAP. SOGo in version 3.2.7 runs on the virtual machine as a brand new installation. Everything looks good and seems to work well. But I have as before a problem with the speed of SOGo. In my opinion it works too slowly.
When switching between calendar and mail, it sometimes takes up to five seconds for the system to respond. This did not exist in the earlier SOGo version (2 …) on a NS 6.8 machine.

I have NS7 final installed on a physical machine. AccountProvider is LDAP. Mail done Roundcube. And for sharing, Nextcloud works. The system is in the DMZ and does a good job. Originally, I had planned to replace Roundcube with SOGo. At the moment I do not want to do this because SOGo is too slow for me.

Here in the forum, a user has expressed the idea to use HORDE Groupware instead of SOGo. A suggestion that I like very much. I had before Nethserver beside my Windows servers also always a SME server, which has worked with HORDE Groupware. This was a very reliable matter. Unfortunately I miss the Linux experience. Otherwise, I would like to try as a test system.

Regards and a nice weekend…

Uwe