POP3 Connector on Nethserver 7

I will continue testing at the return from vacation, next Monday
Do you know if a conversion script for fetchmail config is planned?

1 Like

For now no migration script is planned since fetchmail is not present at all on NS 7.
Also, importing from 6 to 7 has still an unresolved issue: how to map users?

strange, I am using the pop3 connector and I cant live without it… Eish.

I dont use roundcube mmy 2 main servers both are on 6.8. my lab machine is running 7. will the getmail be any beter, else Im gonna have to leave my main servers on 6.
@alefattorini I will gladly test with it.

regards

Clinton

1 Like

Hi guys,

Im not sure why, I keep getting the error of:

"Task completed with errors
Applying changes #2 (exit status 1)
YumRPMCheckError] [ u’ERROR with transaction check vs depsolve’,‘nethserver-spamd is needed by nethserver-getmail-1.0.0-1.ns7.noarch’]

The only package that this effects is the POP-Connector. in NS7…

Not sre why…
regards

clinton

Got the same error today.
There is a newer package in testing repo:

yum --enablerepo=nethserver-testing install nethserver-getmail

See POP3 Connector and Nethserver 7

2 Likes

Try this: Try out Nethserver 7 beta1

Has nethserver-spamd.

1 Like

Sorry! I didn’t see your post!

1 Like

No problem. I did try that but I jut keep getting:

Transaction check error:
file /etc/e-smith/db/configuration/defaults/spamassassin/access from install of nethserver-spamd-0.0.1-1.ns7.noarch conflicts with file from package nethserver-p3scan-1.1.0-1.ns7.noarch
file /etc/e-smith/templates/etc/mail/spamassassin/bwlist.cf/10wbl from install of nethserver-spamd-0.0.1-1.ns7.noarch conflicts with file from package nethserver-p3scan-1.1.0-1.ns7.noarch

If you would like to try with:

yum --enablerepo=nethserver-testing install nethserver-p3scan nethserver-getmail
2 Likes

You Sir @dnutan are a Genius.

Thank you, works like a CHarm…

regards

Clinton

1 Like

It seems I forgot to push one rpm to updates repo, I’m in vacation but I will fix as soon as possible!

Edit: done, nethserver-spamd package will be soon synced to mirrors.

1 Like

Thank you, hope you had a good vacation

Hi, getmail is working properly. I want to ask, if I am able to manulay change time from 5 minutes to 2 minutes. I used it only for 3 mail adresses, so I think 2 minutes are enought to complete previous task.

Thanks

If you have already configured an email address:

db getmail setprop email@domain.net Time 2

For additional options see the documentation. Note this change wont be reflected in the UI.

3 Likes

Hi,
can I use getmail for copying an entire mailbox?
I tried using imap, but it copies only the INBOX folder and all messages are unread.
I thought of using it for backup instead of IMAPCopy or OfflineIMAP.

It’s possible?

Thanks
Enzo

do you know --> https://github.com/imapsync/imapsync

Examples --> https://imapsync.lamiral.info/FAQ.d/FAQ.Folders_Mapping.txt

Rosi

1 Like

Ehi Enzo, didn’t try that. Maybe @clinton @miko10 @dnutan @kuhn_michael @EddieA have an answer for you

Hello Rosi,
yes, I know imapsync, but I thought that maybe GetMail could do a better job.

Ciao
Enzo

Hi @Enzo,
What is your situation and what you want to do? I’m using imapsync and it synchronize all folders except Junk. But in some cases I have to use --addheader option.

1 Like

As well as I wrote time ago:

As a result of my slow ADSL offsite full backup are impossible, so I have two email servers.
The real one, and another one, only for backup purpose, in a different location.
The first one performs nightly backups on a USB drive, while the second one every night with OfflineIMAP synchronizes email with the main one, and then it makes a backup to a USB drive.

GetMail perhaps does a better job than OfflineIMAP.