Because I did not succeed to create a scenario as I said here (backup data from a File Server to a Backup Server through UrBackup and/or BackupPC), today I have played with two NS7 servers, doing next things:
On Proxmox VE:
- 1 x NS7 as PDC/AD/File Server
- 1 x NS7 as BKP Server
First, on BKP Server, I have installed OpenLDAP as Account provider.
After I failed with UrBackup and BackupPC, I have thinked to use/test NFS by @stephdl . But for that, I had to install Samba AD on BKP Server.
So, I have uninstall OpenLDAP and then installed Samba AD, joining to an existing AD domain (first NS7 - PDC/AD/File Server).
After that, I have configured Backup (data) on the PDC/AD/File Server to a NFS Share, on NS7 BKP Server.
Everything worked without issues!
So, today I have tested:
- Installed and uninstalled OpenLDAP Account provider
- Installed Samba AD Account provider and joined NS7 to an existing AD domain (all users and groups from PDC/AD/File Server were synchronized on BKP Server after that)
- Backup data between two NS7 Servers through NFS.
Anyway, does anybody knew how to backup data from a NS7 File Server to a NS7 Backup Server through UrBackup and/or BackupPC?
- PDC/AD/File Server was updated through Software center with "service pack 1".
- BKP Server was installed from scratch.