NS8 Smarthost for sending mail

Yes, just create a snapshot and give it a try.

No, just for the NethServer base repo (the distfeed one) activating testing is needed.
After activating there’s also a core update, I don’t know if it’s needed.

1 Like

thanks a lot for your advice !!!

Moin @hucky,

https://distfeed.nethserver.org/ns8/updates/

On the right site of this is a Field with Name Testing. You must activate the Testing repro and then the field will be green. Then you can start with the installation of the new smtp modul.

Regards…

Uwe

2 Likes

i activate the repo and update the core and the mail app, is there something new for the configuration or is this all?

i saw there is a new entry at notification:
smarthost.configuration
smarthost.manual_configuration
smarthost.mail_app_instance
which one is the right for smtp relay?

Yes, there are relay rules in the mail app, see Nextcloud (ns8) email notify error - #20 by mrmarkuz

I think if you have mail server installed then smarthost.mail_app_instance is the right one. You can set the smarthost in the mail app now…

1 Like

if i do the notification change to smarthost.mail_app_ instance i have no possibilities for give relay server adress and the mail dont leave the ques and i got an dont allowed to talk error, if i return to the smarthost_manual_configuration i can do it with a relay server, but it did not work, there is the same error like before.

Did you add a relay rule?

i did not have the entry

Revision Instanzmail1

Version1.4.0-dev.2

Please try to refresh the browser/clear browser cache or maybe switch to English in the browser.
It should be there in German too:

If that doesn’t work, maybe you need to remove the mail app and reinstall it for testing.

EDIT:

Thanks for testing!!!

1 Like

here we go, now i have to check what to do ^^

thanks so much for your work and your support !!!

1 Like

but unfortunately no luck with sending to the relay…
maillog says:
MTPS wrappermode (TCP port 465) requires setting “smtp_tls_wrappermode = yes”, and “smtp_tls_security_level = encrypt” (or stronger)
Apr 21 20:15:46 ns8 postfix/smtp[16535]: 48AA823CDCE: lost connection with smtp.ionos.de[213.165.67.113] while receiving the initial server greeting

You could try to add the options to a custom .cf file for example customtls.cf as explained here.

Content of customtls.cf:

smtp_tls_wrappermode = yes
smtp_tls_security_level = encrypt

Good Morning, still no luck, also with the customtls.cf
i saw in a log this entrys
Apr 22 07:55:59 ns8 postfix/postqueue[32559]: warning: /etc/postfix/main.cf, line 145: overriding earlier entry: smtp_tls_security_level=may
Apr 22 07:55:59 ns8 postfix/showq[32560]: warning: /etc/postfix/main.cf, line 145: overriding earlier entry: smtp_tls_security_level=may
Apr 22 07:56:09 ns8 postfix/smtp[32539]: 48AA823CDCE: lost connection with smtp.ionos.de[213.165.67.97] while receiving the initial server greeting

After finding a bug in the main.cf i got these results now:
Untrusted TLS connection established to smtp.ionos.de[213.165.67.113]:465: TLSv1.3 with cipher TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 (256/256 bits) key-exchange X25519 server-signature RSA-PSS (2048 bits) server-digest SHA256
Apr 22 08:41:13 ns8 postfix/smtp[33572]: 48AA823CDCE: to=kai40hh@gmx.de, relay=smtp.ionos.de[213.165.67.113]:465, delay=50737, delays=50737/0/0.33/0, dsn=4.0.0, status=deferred (SASL authentication failed; server smtp.ionos.de[213.165.67.113] said: 535 Authentication credentials invalid)
Apr 22 08:41:13 ns8 postfix/postqueue[33640]: warning: /etc/postfix/main.cf, line 145: overriding earlier entry: smtp_tls_security_level=may

i saw in the configuration of the relay.title that the pw is always changed into “relay.unchanged” is this maybe a Problem?

This looks like…wrong credentials, maybe try another account?

i checked it with two different accounts, both with the right pw´s but still not going further

Did you try with and without domain like username@domain.tld and just username ?

From where on? The relay.sender Adress without the domain? did not work normaly with ionos…

AFAIK in the relay rules you can add a host (the ionos mail server) and a user for authentication. Did you try this user with and without domain?

Username: username

and

Username: username@domain.tld

no, just with the complete with domain.tld because it is not possible to log in a webmail account without username@domain.tld at ionos. But if u think i will check it

but do you think this is normal?

without domain.tld this happen