Nethserver-network-diag

Do you need help on this? If you want, I can try to add it.

I back this! When you feel the package is almost ready, ping me and we will do a bit of review.

1 Like

thank, yes you could do it please, but what we need also is a full stated documentation in the developer guide on how to implement it, it will help others.

let’s other break it, please go ahead.

I tested the new release, always better! :clap:

The doc is already here:
http://docs.nethserver.org/projects/nethserver-devel/en/v7rc/i18n.html

Try to follow the steps for Transifex. It will fail on the push command if you don’t have the rights to add strings to the project.
When the packages is accepted in the core, I will take care of pushing to Transifex.

In the meanwhile, if you want to test a translation (Italian for example), just copy the English file here: /usr/share/nethesis/NethServer/Language/it/NethServer_Module_DiagTools.php.
Then edit the file and you’re done.

Let me know if I’m missing something on this part.

Last, I did a little review of the code, I just have two notes:

2 Likes

yes, I didn’t tried it, I started with the traceroute command and it is funny because it is the only command which needs the sudo right 
 :cry:

thank’s for the tip.

should be ok and released in github

• .tx\config created

• transifex client installed

• push command failed as expected

$ tx push -s
    NoSectionError: No section: ‘main’

Just for my concern, how trade with translations of modules, does a nethforge area exists in transifex with delegated rights, I could be interested to translate all my modules, for now I just offer the english version.

corrected, only traceroute uses sudo now

sure, but it is not easy to retrieve it, and it also could be not be right if the email-server is installed.

Perfect

You just read my mind.

yum install http://mirror.de-labrusse.fr/NethDev/nethserver-diagtools-0.0.1/nethserver-diagtools-0.0.5-1.ns7.sdl.noarch.rpm

1 Like

Wow
 :smile:

I was only some days on holidays and in the same time you were dooing this great innovation!
Thanks a lot. Great work, man! :+1: :+1: :+1:
PS: Installed latest version. Everything works perfect.

2 Likes

For now there is only one project, but of course we can create a new one with delegated rights.
Since Transifex rely on git to check if a project is Open Source or not, before creating the project we should choose how to distribute the new translations.
Would you prefer a new nethserver-nethforge-lang- rpm? Or is better to include anything inside the main language package? (/cc @dev_team).

back to work (sorry for late reply), and tested latest version
 really great work and useful
i think one beer for you at fosdem for this, will not be enough
 :smile: thank you!

1 Like

We already have everything in the main package. I’d prefer to keep everything in a single place and delegate permissions to members of @translations_team. Modules come from core to forge and vice-versa!

2 Likes

that’s said , would it be imaginable for my transifex’s account to be granted for creating files to be translated by the community ?

where to ask ?

@davidep @giacomo do you think I need to add modifications or bug corrections on nethserver-diagtools
For example the sendmail tab could be a tab in nethserver-smarthost, all related email stuff will be in one place.

You already asked in the right place :wink:

Let me see what Transifex can do for us!

I’d rather prefer a Diagnostic category or the solution you already implemented: a Diagnostic tools entry under Status category

I wouldn’t mix configuration and diagnostic tools!

1 Like

3 messages ont été déplacés vers un nouveau sujet : Transiflex howto : how use it

Looks very promising, I do want it on my servers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yep, it needs before translations @translations_team

1 Like

@translations_team :point_up:
Steph needs your help here :slight_smile: ping @jgjimenezs

1 Like

We can release the rpm even without translations since languages are shipped in a different rpm :wink:

1 Like

yum install http://mirror.de-labrusse.fr/NethDev/nethserver-diagtools-0.0.1/nethserver-diagtools-0.0.6-1.ns7.sdl.noarch.rpm

with this version you can scan each green interfaces with arp-scan

4 Likes