Mail quota not updated if user quota changed

When the default quota is applied, only the next IMAP login or the next incoming message refresh the mail quota status page: case 3 seems to fail here. :cold_sweat:

so you can reproduce 3.)?
and what about 4.)?

Next week I’ll try 3.

About 4: that command cannot work with default quota!

it fails on user defined quota!!

OK, let me dig it more :confounded:

You were right, @asl! Thanks for your feedback!

I tried to improve the refresh logic of “Mail status” page. A new package in testing repo:

yum --enablerepo=nethserver-testing update nethserver-mail-server-1.10.8-1.21.g0869a51.ns7.noarch

It should fix the following cases:

• global default quota enable/disable
  • change of global default quota value
  • change of per-user custom quota value

Could you give it a try? /cc @quality_team

It seems to work here.

Just one thing I noticed: if I set disk space to unlimited, under mail/mailboxes, all e-mail addresses will disappear from the mail quota page.

I’m not sure it’s the way it’s supposed to work.

Thank you

2 Likes

The mail quota page is expected to show “empty table”: what would you expect?

OK, probably a misunderstanding.

Anyway IMHO would be useful to see all e-mail addresses, along with their size and number of messages, even if disk usage is set to unlimited.

I agree, it would be useful, but cannot work if dovecot does not load the quota plugin at all (as the unlimited option do).

If you like to always see the space usage, you could set the default quota to a very high value!

Thank you!

Here is my result:

• after installation I run: doveadm quota recalc -A. The quota page did not come up with correct values!!
  • next I changed global quota from 900MB to 1.3GB and run doveadm quota recalc -A.: quota page updated, but also those with 1GB user quota are now shown as 1.3GB! Sending a mail to this user didn’t change the quota display, too.
  • next I increased quota for a user (1.5GB now, global quota is still 1.3GB) and run doveadm quota recalc -A. and sent a mail. Quota not updated!

I can not see a change with this update. Did I miss something? Any restart necessary?

1 Like
  • Restart/reboot should not be necessary.
  • The esmith events take care of running the command doveadm quota recalc: no manual invocation should be required.

Are you testing on a “clean” system?

Let’s see if somebody else have the same issue…

my server is running with real data already, woudn’t call this clean. I’m sure you tested these easy steps, guess there is something else…

Could you try to set the general quota to “unlimited” for a while, then re-enable it?

Do you see any error message in /var/log/messages?

I tried it, but same results

about error msg. Indeed there is something in:

Feb 27 13:37:54 dc2 esmith::event[4610]: [INFO] service postfix reload Feb 27 13:37:54 dc2 systemd: Reloaded Postfix Mail Transport Agent. Feb 27 13:37:54 dc2 esmith::event[4610]: [INFO] postfix reload Feb 27 13:37:54 dc2 esmith::event[4610]: Action: /etc/e-smith/events/actions/adjust-services SUCCESS [0.231868] Feb 27 13:37:54 dc2 esmith::event[4610]: doveadm(vmail): Fatal: Unknown command 'quota', but plugin quota exists. Try to set mail_plugins=quota Feb 27 13:37:54 dc2 esmith::event[4610]: doveadm(schloegl@intern.org): Fatal: Unknown command 'quota', but plugin quota exists. Try to set mail_plugins=quota Feb 27 13:37:54 dc2 esmith::event[4610]: doveadm(bau@intern.org): Fatal: Unknown command 'quota', but plugin quota exists. Try to set mail_plugins=quota Feb 27 13:37:54 dc2 esmith::event[4610]: doveadm(root): Fatal: Unknown command 'quota', but plugin quota exists. Try to set mail_plugins=quota Feb 27 13:37:54 dc2 esmith::event[4610]: doveadm(bau_office@intern.org): Fatal: Unknown command 'quota', but plugin quota exists. Try to set mail_plugins=quota Feb 27 13:37:54 dc2 esmith::event[4610]: doveadm(ds@intern.org): Fatal: Unknown command 'quota', but plugin quota exists. Try to set mail_plugins=quota Feb 27 13:37:54 dc2 esmith::event[4610]: doveadm(es@intern.org): Fatal: Unknown command 'quota', but plugin quota exists. Try to set mail_plugins=quota Feb 27 13:37:54 dc2 esmith::event[4610]: doveadm(ps@intern.org): Fatal: Unknown command 'quota', but plugin quota exists. Try to set mail_plugins=quota Feb 27 13:37:54 dc2 esmith::event[4610]: Action: /etc/e-smith/events/nethserver-mail-server-save/S95nethserver-mail-quota-recalc SUCCESS [0.076486] Feb 27 13:37:54 dc2 esmith::event[4610]: Event: nethserver-mail-server-save SUCCESS

1 Like

Thank you! It is annoying, but does not harm… I could silence it!

I tested on a clean machine and can’t reproduce the problem.
Of course, this is a much simpler situation but I think the current fix resolves most of the problems.
If something is not perfect in the web interface, we can improve it in a second round :slight_smile:

Please, note that this command will not work with current implement.
You need to call quota recalc on each user.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.