Linux goes to school with NethServer

From what I saw, moodle needs php54 and mysql55 whatever the version you want. This leads to NS7 because you still can install moodle on a ns6 but through the help of the software collections. Of course I cannot provide an automatic way, individual installations are a mandatory here.

Concerning NS7, moodle-3.0.3 is available in epel7, I suppose that the work could start during the NS7 beta stage.

2 Likes

Good morning from Caracas

Brother Alessio :

Sipping the word about a mission of promotion and dissemination of Nethserver in Venezuela, I would ask my Venezuelan brother, Rogelio Morales, to use an international postal box that he has.

The address is as follows:

My brother Rogelio :smile_cat: (edited)

Good. I took the proposal seriously :grin: lol.

I hope we can establish the channel to define the strategy.

(P.D .: At least 1 shirt must be XXL for my Gentoo brother :astonished: has guided me a lot with this initiative)

As always , hug tribe

Good!! Are you sure to publish this data? You can also send them only to me via PM
Have you already received a “I Love NethServer” t-shirt? I’m going to send you some stuff for your MISSION :slight_smile:
I’m available to define a strategy whenever you like

1 Like

oh oh!

… hehehe in this tribe I’m sure.
But I guess you already have it so I 'll edit the message. ( It’s just that I was glad :laughing: )

I will be careful we talk about the strategy. At the moment I inform you that the person wearing Proxmox VE management asked me:

Look!
What distribution with desktop recommend to learn CentOS, without the server?

Maybe so I can give ‘yum’ feet and head - and all that - and then work with Nethserver

Once I have recommended : CentOS 7

See you soon
We continue to build this mission

The CTL date is April 29 & 30 2016

3 Likes

Hello @stephdl

I have installed mysql55 from the repositories SCL. I have restarted the services but … don’t know how to activate my new version of Mysql.

Thank you for any clue you can give me.

https://wiki.contribs.org/Software_Collections:MySQL

Read this please

1 Like

Thanks a lot @stephdl

Now I am working with a client, how have one connection with proxy and we cant login in the net.

This is the error message

Error {“error”: “Error parsing "proxy = ‘192.168.0.13:3128’": URL must be http, ftp or https not "192.168.0.13"”}

We setting the proxy rules like is post in this page

What do you say @davidochobits? :thumbsup:

this could be a nice module, interesting

2 Likes

on the grill

2 Likes

if you launch ‘mysql’ in a terminal which mysql version is executed ???

I spent hours to launch mysql56 :frowning:

Ok we see where was the first mistake in the proxy configuration.

But we’re still having problems to login to the net.

connect: Network is unreachable

So

Anyone howto config the proxy in NethServer with Proxmox?

We are under one proxy in the building and we can not know how setting the network configuration!!

1 Like

Good morning NS tribe, with the sunrise :sunrise_over_mountains: from Venezuela.

On few days we will have in our taiga knowledge space a post about Nethserver Installation for the School Intranet. like the wiki of Debian Jessie installation

Some content about Nethserver have already been published.

Any suggestions or input is very welcome.

Hugs to the tribe

1 Like

Hi friend.

If i launch ‘mysql’: Server version: 5.1.73 :sob:

I’m working on it

1 Like

What should every newcomer know about NethServer? in this link said @davidep we cant change by hand. So, the question remain. What I can do to configure the NS in proxmox in one ambient with proxy if I only have the basic module of NS and cant install anything yet?

1 Like

I can certify this.

And it is a very inconvenient limiting therefore under the proxy makes testing NS institutional department agreed to test with us .

Any contribution to this publication worth forests , clean air and clean water

I think I can help with custom templates, but I need a recap of the problem and the proposed solution.

1 Like

Well, thanks for u help filippo. The proxmox we have is under one proxy. I know the dns primary and secondary of the network. I have permission to configure the proxy of the proxmox and download anything for anywhere. But I am beginning to work with centos and nethserver. So I dont know where begin to study in order to configure the network in nethserver with proxmox.

1 Like

I’d start from CentOS manuals, NethServer do not change CentOS.
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en/red-hat-enterprise-linux/?version=6

NethServer network configuration is stored in a text-only database called networks, so to store/change a value the command is something like:
db networks setprop eth0 macaddr 11:22:33:44:55:66.
But I usually work/test the CentOS way and only when everything works I change the db if needed.

2 Likes

:thumbsup: