Attachment block in the mail does not work

NethServer Version: NethServer release 7.3.1611
Module: mail
Hello,
I have a problem, the filtering part of Block attachments from the mail module does not work.
I have marked all three options

• Executables (eg .exe, msi)
  • Archives
  • Custom file format list (doc and docx, for example)
    If I receive an email with a zip or an attached doc, I receive the mail and the attachment in roundcube.

Hello again,
I installed a new Nethserver and I have the same problem, it does not filter with the filter opitons I check. It has to be a bug.
Can anyone try with his/her Nethserver?
Thank you.

I just sent to myself a mail containing a zip attachment from my gmail account and it was blocked as expected.
gmail:

Maillog on nethserver:

Jun 12 14:02:24 nethservice amavis[6078]: (06078-01) skip local delivery(3): <filippo.carletti@gmail.com> -> <banned-quarantine>
Jun 12 14:02:24 nethservice amavis[6078]: (06078-01) Blocked BANNED (CUSTOM:.asc,test) {RejectedInbound,Quarantined}, [209.85.214.51]:34984 [209.85.214.51] <filippo.carletti@gmail.com> -> <filippo.carletti@nethesis.it>, Message-ID: <CALF73YO0JD8Ey6Y46RgW1n5tfMRcPGRiOvnvjeYvLwE=2OSQ-w@mail.gmail.com>, mail_id: ZMTphZyoAF5w, Hits: -, size: 3293, 43 ms
Jun 12 14:02:24 nethservice postfix/smtpd[6129]: proxy-reject: END-OF-MESSAGE: 554 5.7.0 Reject, id=06078-01 - BANNED: CUSTOM:.asc,test; from=<filippo.carletti@gmail.com> to=<filippo.carletti@nethesis.it> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail-it0-f51.google.com>

To help you we need an address on your mailserver for some tests, maillog and mail filter configuration.

2 Likes

Thank you
I am migrating a Zentyal to NehtServer and I still have not pointing the MX of the domain to Nethserver. I am currently retrieving a copy of the mail using the POP3 Connector and delivering it to the user’s mailbox in Nethserver.
This is an example:

I have the same problem between 2 email accounts created on the Nethserver server.

The POP3 connector can’t block attachments.
I can’t think of a way to implement it.

1 Like

OK, in Zentyal if it worked. Anyway, I have the same problem between 2 email accounts created on the Nethserver server.