About the "Scholar Intranet" - Intranet Escolar, in Venezuela

The goal of the “Scholar Intranet” project is to enable captive Internet centers in all public schools in the country to take advantage of the open Information and Communications Technologies (ICT) in order to integrate parents, students, teachers and the educational community in general.

As a prerequisite, the platform should be based on open software, open standards and web accessibility tools. The aim is to gradually incorporate information and communication services such as school web radio, instant messaging, e-mail, address books and calendars, video conference, wikipedia offline, virtual classroom, geolocation, version control, etc. Additionally, it is planned in a second phase the interconnection of these centers in an academic extranet.

4 Likes

What are your plans and goals to use NethServer in this environment?

Hi friend, I had problems with my internet service. I will support you in whatever you need.
Where is your location?

1 Like

:grinning: Hi paisano. I’m in Caracas. When I read “Punto Fijo” my joy and my hope increased.

We share some sisters and brothers from the Venezuelan Free Software Community .

Nethserver has given me hope after being stuck with Zentyal 3.5. Currently I have the possibility of proposing a better alternative.

Then we began this story from this tribe.
Chévere brother! :fireworks: Thank you

Our plans.

To have an Open Source and Free License distribution based on GNU/Linux, server oriented and within the technology ecosystems of Venezuelan educational community in order to strengthen from elementary through high school education with open Information and Communications Technologies (ICT) from the Bolivarian Centers of Informatics and Telematics (CBIT), as well as all those educational institutions equipped with a school Intranet server.

At the same time, the distribution will become an academic resource for school tutors who manage servers, will bring new experiences to the open community that supports it and will provide a better incident control.

The knowledge acquired from this collective experience can be extended to any individual of the educational community, providing an unique opportunity for technology appropriation and exchange with its social group.

:sunglasses: We are happy to meet this community

2 Likes

Check out this dicussion, you could join your forces with @syntaxerrormmm

1 Like

I think I’m going to explain our solution in a separate thread for that matters. This would help me organizing the materials also for the maintenance training I should provide anyways, and also could be a starting point to brainstorm on other features/improvements to be implemented in the future.

Stay tuned :wink:

4 Likes

I’m looking forward to see your thread. Very interesting stuff :smile:

BR
Bogdan

2 Likes